** 2020 Opponent Previews : Ohio State (Game 1) **

Saunders

• Mavric changed the title to ** 2020 Opponent Previews : Ohio State (Game 1) **
  • 2 weeks later...

Last year we were way over matched regardless but we benefit from the loss of Barry, A Davis, and Jackson IMO. Barry had cement feet and always out of position. Wandale had to play RB duties because of banged up RBs last year vs Ohio St. AM got happy feet and some questionable throws but the O line didn't help a lot. We could have made it 14-7 but he lobbed it over Wandale and they got a tipped INT down at their 5 yard line. After that the sails that were left - were gone. He lobbed one too far the next possession as well for INT. Sermon and Teague will still run well on us but losing Dobbins is a big loss. Chase Young and Okudah were incredible as well. LB play was atrocious this game and the zone read killed us. 

Time to step up. I don't expect to win this game at all but you cannot get embarrassed. Martinez will be a 3rd year starter, Mills is a solid SR RB, whole o-line returns, Stoll returns with the addition of Voke. Wandale and Warner will need to play well. 

Defense needs to make some plays. We really need Tannor and Domann to be what they can be. Athletic enough to run down Fields. If we are going to go with the experience in Honas and Miller they HAVE to play well. Would rather see Reimer and Henrich but hope to be proven wrong. We get D Williams back which is massive for that secondary. Hopefully Dismuke doesn't get lost and Bootle thrown over. 

I think our best option is to hammer it home with AM and Mills running the ball. Mix in some short throws to TE and WRs. I hope we don't try and boat race them again. 

I'll be honest Our D vs OSUs Offense scares the s#!t out of me. We haven't been particularly stout on defense since Frost arrived and this OSU offense has the chance to be a legit all time great offense. They have 3 offensive lineman on the 2021 top 100 draft prospect list, the other two starters happen to be 5 stars that aren't draft eligible. They have the #3 RB on the 2021 top 100 draft prospect list (his back up ran for 800 yds and 4 Td last year. They have a receiver that's top 50 on the 2021 NFL prospect list. And oh yeah, and they have a Heisman favorite and potential top 5 draft pick at QB. 

This isn't a shot at Nebraska, just saying this OSU team could hang 40+ on any team in the country. Let alone if we get them on a night they're clicking and we're working out some kinks... 

• Plus1 3