** 2020 Opponent Previews : Penn State (Game 4) **

Saunders

3 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

I just still have no idea what to expect here. OSU was about what I expected, NW I expected better but wasn't surprised it played out how it did. So here the non-surprising thing would be more of the same for us, and an eventual double-digit loss. But the Penn State fans/media are as down on their teams as we are, so we can't both get the expected struggle. Right? 

Both teams suck at red zone offense and third down defense. Like an immovable object meeting an irresistible force... only it's an ordinary object meeting a totally resistible force.

It's probably gonna come down to which team is able to break that pattern, or which team shoots itself in the foot less. Penn State having played one more game might work in their favor, though.

37 minutes ago, Toe said:

Both teams suck at red zone offense and third down defense. Like an immovable object meeting an irresistible force... only it's an ordinary object meeting a totally resistible force.

It's probably gonna come down to which team is able to break that pattern, or which team shoots itself in the foot less. Penn State having played one more game might work in their favor, though.

Well, one of the two teams tomorrow can look back at a past season or series of moments to grab confidence.  The other continues to grasp for something to build from.  All similar frustrations considered, give me the team that has shown a proclivity in the past to be great.  And we're not talking about 1994 past...

@DefenderAO To copy & paste a quote from a Penn Live reporter that I posted in another thread: "Even though they’re at a talent and speed deficit and are FG-underdogs here, the Huskers looked like they had some will remaining in the narrow loss in Chicago, a game they led into the second half. Can’t say the same for the visitors."

• Plus1 1