** 2020 Opponent Previews : Iowa (Game 6) **

Saunders

11 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

A banner is one thing, Fleck is going to get his team 'Undefeated National Champion' rings, with specific details like their number of negative tests and commemorating being on BTN to talk about the schedules.

For anyone who missed it, Minny got Big Ten West co-champion rings (despite not going to the championship), and the rings include the Big Ten West trophy (which again, they did not win) and an ESPN Gameday plaque.

No I did not know that.  Sounds like he would be the perfect replacement for Ferentz at Iowa then.

• Mavric changed the title to ** 2020 Opponent Previews : Iowa (Game 6) **
  • 4 weeks later...

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

It would make me so happy to see this program completely fall apart.

Sadly said. Iowa was only one of 2 other schools that joined us in our fight for fall sports. Iowa aligns well with our University Mindset. Iowa being strong pushes us to get stronger and lastly, Iowa being a neighboring state gives us a true rivalry. Rivalries are boring if one sided. I personally prefer a sound, well structured, real threat as a rivalry (ie.. Oklahoma). Just my opinion but still.

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Sadly said. Iowa was only one of 2 other schools that joined us in our fight for fall sports. Iowa aligns well with our University Mindset. Iowa being strong pushes us to get stronger and lastly, Iowa being a neighboring state gives us a true rivalry. Rivalries are boring if one sided. I personally prefer a sound, well structured, real threat as a rivalry (ie.. Oklahoma). Just my opinion but still.

I fully understand and I'm one that considers them a rival after living in Des Moines for 15 years.

But....my comment was solely based on my ability to shut up my Hawkeye fan friends.  They have reveled in our mediocrity for way too long.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I fully understand and I'm one that considers them a rival after living in Des Moines for 15 years.

But....my comment was solely based on my ability to shut up my Hawkeye fan friends.  They have reveled in our mediocrity for way too long.

Completely agree. I wouldn't be sad to see Iowa on a downward trajectory for the next few years - if for nothing else than to quiet some of my friends and family.