** 2020 Opponent Previews : Wisconsin (Game 2) **

Saunders

Mertz has a bright future and looks really good.

Now that I got that out of the way, that Wisconsin run game just doesn't have the pop it had last year so far. Their receivers won't scare and elite back 7. Wisconsin's pass rush doesn't look as good as last year. Lastly, Illinois is a bad team.

Hope we show up better next week.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, who replaces the two suspended players next week?

Is there any way Scott can protest one of these calls? The last one the kid blocked with his shoulder not his head. When I watched other hits during some of the other games they didn’t call targeting and the hits were a lot worse than what our guys supposedly did. 

• Plus1 2
24 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Is there any way Scott can protest one of these calls? The last one the kid blocked with his shoulder not his head. When I watched other hits during some of the other games they didn’t call targeting and the hits were a lot worse than what our guys supposedly did. 

Urb made a comment the B10 should look into waiving one or two. I have not gotten the feeling that the B10 is looking to do any favors for us.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

I think frost said he’s going to ask the conference to review Williams’ penalty.  

11 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, who replaces the two suspended players next week?

We are not deep in the secondary. I wish Joseph was ready to go we could really use another good corner just get the feeling he’s not. Pola-Gates still looks pretty light but I’d guess maybe he’d replace Williams. I wouldn’t be surprised if Gifford sees the field for us already this year. He can play multiple positions and I believe he’s higher up the depth chart than people think. 

Nebraska 31

Wisconsin 20

Yesterday's game had a different feel to me, especially in the trenches.  Our line play, against the best opponent we will see all season, was very good imo.  That will translate to quite a few wins with the first being next week.

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

Nebraska 31

Wisconsin 20

Yesterday's game had a different feel to me, especially in the trenches.  Our line play, against the best opponent we will see all season, was very good imo.  That will translate to quite a few wins with the first being next week.

Are you suggesting OSU won't be as good the second time we play them

• Plus1 1