** 2020 Opponent Previews : Minnesota (Game 8) **

Saunders

I know NU doesn't play Minnesota until the end of the season, but Sam McKewon made a good point in the OWH this week.  It looks like Minnesota may struggle on defense all year, as the best defensive recruits under Kill and Claeys are now out of the program.  It will also be interesting to see if the Minny "quits" on the season if their early losing skid continues.

12 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I know NU doesn't play Minnesota until the end of the season, but Sam McKewon made a good point in the OWH this week.  It looks like Minnesota may struggle on defense all year, as the best defensive recruits under Kill and Claeys are now out of the program.  It will also be interesting to see if the Minny "quits" on the season if their early losing skid continues.

Yep...any team with expectations (this year) that starts off 0-2 or 0-3, get ready to see some quitting.

• Plus1 2
On 11/4/2020 at 11:59 AM, teachercd said:

Yep...any team with expectations (this year) that starts off 0-2 or 0-3, get ready to see some quitting.

To push the 'quitting' even further - I would put it past Fleck (who is enough of a tool) that if their COVID cases are high enough (orange/red level) and they are out of contention to call off the last game. 

20 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Which at this point is fair. But Maryland was even more of a guaranteed win than either of those, so I wouldn't guarantee anything this year.

Yeah, you aren't wrong, but then Maryland whipped PSU, so maybe they were better than we all thought.

The Gophers can't play defense, but at least we can count on the running game.

22 minutes ago, everybody knows my name said:

Yeah, you aren't wrong, but then Maryland whipped PSU, so maybe they were better than we all thought.

The Gophers can't play defense, but at least we can count on the running game.

Right, no idea what's up with Maryland. NW crushed them, but for all we know NW is actually really good too. And it was week 1, so quite possibly not the best representation of what Maryland is now. But PSU might actually be bad too! It's crazy this year. You may not need to play defense against us, but I wouldn't bet on running for 300+ again either. 

1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

NW crushed them, but for all we know NW is actually really good too.

I have it on good authority from many on this board that Northwestern is absolutely terrible. ;)

• 2 weeks later...