Jump to content
seaofred92

Nebrasketball Game #25: Wisconsin- Saturday, February 15, 1:15pm- BTN

What will the game result be?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts


So its been about 7 years since I was last able to attend a Neb BB game in person.   We all know the Huskers have never ever really had a top ten type team.   I see relatively little discussion on the board about the program since the excited chatter about hiring Hoiberg as this year looks to be one of the worst ever in wins/losses anyway.  ugh.  

I am very curious as to what the general feeling is now?    Are things getting worse or just more of the same with a bunch of new actors?   Any hope?   I kind of thot Fred had recruited some good players - I know some are not on the floor yet.   Big Ten is tough competition but we didnt show much jn non-con either.  Just looking for some interesting discussion on something Husker as the winter blues are setting in for me in upstate New York.  lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

So its been about 7 years since I was last able to attend a Neb BB game in person.   We all know the Huskers have never ever really had a top ten type team.   I see relatively little discussion on the board about the program since the excited chatter about hiring Hoiberg as this year looks to be one of the worst ever in wins/losses anyway.  ugh.  

I am very curious as to what the general feeling is now?    Are things getting worse or just more of the same with a bunch of new actors?   Any hope?   I kind of thot Fred had recruited some good players - I know some are not on the floor yet.   Big Ten is tough competition but we didnt show much jn non-con either.  Just looking for some interesting discussion on something Husker as the winter blues are setting in for me in upstate New York.  lol. 

That's because most of us knew that this was not an overnight fix.  There are reasons why players hop from team to team.  I think we are seeing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

That's because most of us knew that this was not an overnight fix.  There are reasons why players hop from team to team.  I think we are seeing it.

Seeing what?   The beginnings of a program build or player exodus?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

So its been about 7 years since I was last able to attend a Neb BB game in person.   We all know the Huskers have never ever really had a top ten type team.   I see relatively little discussion on the board about the program since the excited chatter about hiring Hoiberg as this year looks to be one of the worst ever in wins/losses anyway.  ugh.  

I am very curious as to what the general feeling is now?    Are things getting worse or just more of the same with a bunch of new actors?   Any hope?   I kind of thot Fred had recruited some good players - I know some are not on the floor yet.   Big Ten is tough competition but we didnt show much jn non-con either.  Just looking for some interesting discussion on something Husker as the winter blues are setting in for me in upstate New York.  lol. 

I think there is hope. Cam Mack seems to be the real deal & the scout team beats the starters on a regular basis in practice. The three transfers who are sitting out this year will make a big difference next year.

  • Plus1 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You would have to realllllllllllllllly be super-positive fan to see anything in this game that looked positive.  

 

They didn't quit but well...they knew how it was going to turn out a few minutes in that second half.  It isn't like Wisconsin has some amazing bigs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

14 minutes ago, teachercd said:

You would have to realllllllllllllllly be super-positive fan to see anything in this game that looked positive.  

 

They didn't quit but well...they knew how it was going to turn out a few minutes in that second half.  It isn't like Wisconsin has some amazing bigs...

Problem is that the guys who play def. Don't score a lot and the guys who score do not hustle on the def. End.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Players that refuse play hard on def. End. You are trolling for reaction.  We are moving in the right direction.

hope so.  I am genuinely curious.  i dont know.  I had hoped we could win half our games in this season. I hope the better guys stick around for next year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

hope so.  I am genuinely curious.  i dont know.  I had hoped we could win half our games in this season. I hope the better guys stick around for next year.  

Players will come & go.  I also think Fred will make changes, like adding big man.  Big10 is definitely different than the Big 12.  We will all find out next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Miles lost good players routinely and his game plan was to lean on a couple guys. The cupboard was bare for this year. Hoiberg threw together this team in a hurry. I thought they would get pounded by every BIG team but they surprisingly played some very good teams close. I don't think we can judge this coaching staff until the end of next season, as expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don’t believe this is a coaching issue.  Despite the struggles, when this team is on, they look so much more well coached than any Miles team.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...