Huskers Add Several Future Opponents

Mavric

Nothing is more of a joke than college football scheduling. Let me ask my 2 year old if he wants to attend Neb vs. Ok St. when hes a senior in high school. Why does college basketball put together in the offseason and football needs 15 years to prep a schedule?  The Olympics dont even get that much of heads up. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Herbie87 said:

Nothing is more of a joke than college football scheduling. Let me ask my 2 year old if he wants to attend Neb vs. Ok St. when hes a senior in high school. Why does college basketball put together in the offseason and football needs 15 years to prep a schedule?  The Olympics dont even get that much of heads up. 

Gives the SEC time to drop teams if one of their opponents develop a pulse before they play

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

4 of the 5 are not worthy of announcing..OSU has some history at least. If your going to waste a stadium money shot at least have some logos with gusto 

That's the other thing. 15 years to plan this out and we're guna be playing...drumroll.....UTEP!!!!!!!  SMH 

44 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Chances both Frost and Gundy are coaching in the 2034 game?  It has to be less than 5%, right?

I'd say its less than 50/50 that Frost and Solich are coaching in the 2026 game.

Solich would be 81 by that game. I can't imagine he's still coaching then, Snyder didn't even keep going past 80.

• Plus1 1
56 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Chances both Frost and Gundy are coaching in the 2034 game?  It has to be less than 5%, right?

I'd say its less than 50/50 that Frost and Solich are coaching in the 2026 game.

Hope Frost is coaching here in 2034 - that would mean he would have had a very successful run by then -- 3-4 NC, 8 Big 10 championships, 10 div championships  - you know a dynasty :D  And we'll all be debating - who was the better coach SF, Tom, BobFather. 

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, skers83 said:

Only 3-4 NC.?  I thought we were all supposed to be Husker fans. :koolaid2:

Well you know - you got to throw a bone to the 60+ other P5 teams every now and then!

And besides, us Husker fans have learned a bit about humility.  Better to be low on the prediction than overly high!!

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Well you know - you got to throw a bone to the 60+ other P5 teams every now and then!

And besides, us Husker fans have learned a bit about humility.  Better to be low on the prediction than overly high!!

Ya...No reason to get greedy. Most of us would probably be happy with one at this point.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Hope Frost is coaching here in 2034 - that would mean he would have had a very successful run by then -- 3-4 NC, 8 Big 10 championships, 10 div championships  - you know a dynasty :D  And we'll all be debating - who was the better coach SF, Tom, BobFather. 

Dude,  if Frost averages 8 wins from now until then and wants to be here still, he will be. Even if there are no conference or national championships.