Best and/or Worst posting replies??

Zealot Patrols.

The thing that bugs me the most are the narrow minded Zealot Patrols that haunt this board.  If you don't support their position with enough zeal, they take it upon themselves to formulate a position they think you must support.  

=================  

Me:  Trump isn't all bad.  He seems to have the country running pretty well.   

Anti-Trump Zealot Patrol:  YOU'RE A TRUMP LOVING NAZI!!  YOU HATE ALL IMMIGRANTS AND PROBABLY CHEAT ON YOUR TAXES AND MOLEST YOUNG WOMEN.  YOU HATE AMERICAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!  

(Disclaimer:  I didn't vote for Trump, and I think he's a goofball.  But things do seem to be running fairly well these days.)

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know if this one fits...but the old...

"You don't know anything about me!  I have tons of (insert) friends"

2 minutes ago, Redux said:

That's a False Dichotomy Strawman argument that's trying to move the goal posts

Oh man...I forgot about just 

Strawman

and

Moving the goalposts now?

4 minutes ago, Toe said:

@teachercd I tend to not quote posts because I don't see much point in making people read the same post twice. It also reduces clutter in the thread.

I totally get that!  That makes sense...I am talking about the "on purpose" no quote.  Like...think of it this way...you are at home with your family...one family member (probably a brother or sister) says something that annoys you...so you refuse to look at them or acknowledge that they are alive...but you still comment on what they said. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

I totally get that!  That makes sense...I am talking about the "on purpose" no quote.  Like...think of it this way...you are at home with your family...one family member (probably a brother or sister) says something that annoys you...so you refuse to look at them or acknowledge that they are alive...but you still comment on what they said. 

I know exactly what you are talking about. Most of the time it seems they do that to act like they are better than you and that you're not worth their trouble to respond directly to. It helps them feel superior so they act like they are.....and then they begin to actually believe they are.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
23 hours ago, teachercd said:

Ohhh, I think this counts...

When a person WON'T quote your post...but then responds to it in that snarky way.

That's called "subtweeting". 

10 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Another good one is when you make a point related to the discussion, they'll claim you are moving the goalposts. But when they do the exact same thing, and you point it out, they'll say "we can walk and chew gum at the same time, can't we?"

F***ing preach, man.