***Official 2020 College Football Thread***

suh_fan93

If they are going to keep this thing at 4 teams, can we please stop having 2 teams from the same conference. This is even more important in a year were there is very little out of conference games. This is just a stupid way to figure out a champion. I almost wish that OSU would have kept their foot on the gas and put up 70 on Dabo. 

• Fire 2
7 minutes ago, jaws said:

If they are going to keep this thing at 4 teams, can we please stop having 2 teams from the same conference. This is even more important in a year were there is very little out of conference games. This is just a stupid way to figure out a champion. I almost wish that OSU would have kept their foot on the gas and put up 70 on Dabo. 

Yes we should. The conf championships should be a play in game.

But let’s increase it to 6 or 8 teams. The P5 champs, the best G5 if undefeated, and the 2 best other teams. 

• Plus1 1

This sets up a NC for the ages. #11 OSU vs #1 Bama. Good thing their aren't any polls this week or else Dabo could rank OSU even lower again and more SEC teams will enter the top 5.  Florida probably would go up the polls even more after their great bowl game vs OU. 

• Fire 1

9 hours ago, Mavric said:

:laughpound

And they only beat what Rutgers did by a single point. (Clemson game 49-28, Rutgers 49-27) Maybe Clemson vs Rutgers should've been the bowl matchup?

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Same as it ever was.

That being said most coaches would gladly stop the season at 6-0.  There are injuries in any game and halving the season helps. 

I think most players and coaches want to play more than 6 games.  I am sure that OSU would have loved to hang 100 on Michigan this year. 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Crusader Husker said:

This is a Covid screwed up year.  The playoffs are about getting the best 4 teams there.  They got the best 3 out of 4 teams there.  I get a little tired of the, they only played 6 games talk.  Again, they got the 3 best teams in there.  

Honestly, I'm not sure if Clemson even deserved to be there. Set aside Clemson's reputation from the last few years. You've got two ACC teams, each with one loss to the other. The committee sent both of them into the playoff, and both got their asses handed to them. Based on their performances on the field yesterday, neither Clemson nor Notre Dame really looked like they belonged in the CFP.

Yeah, you didn't get flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct for stepping two yards onto the field, coach. :lol:

• Plus1 1