3. OHIO STATE BUCKEYES 

4. CLEMSON TIGERS 

5. LSU TIGERS 

6. MINNESOTA GOPHERS 

7. TEXAS LONGHORNS 

8. NORTH CAROLINA TAR HEELS 

9. USC TROJANS 

10. NEBRASKA HUSKERS 

Can the Huskers field one of the nation's most high-powered offenses this fall after their second consecutive disappointing campaign under Scott Frost? If there's a time to get things fixed, it's now, says Huskers247 insider Michael Bruntz. Giveaways were an issue that plagued Nebraska's offense last season and need to be corrected with a core of veterans back.

"Nebraska returns almost all its production on offense in 2020, but the group needs to be much better in the coming season," Bruntz says about Nebraska's chances this fall. "That’s especially true at the quarterback position where two-year starter Adrian Martinez battled injury and inconsistency last season as a sophomore."   LINK 

=============================================================================================  

There you have it.  Projected to a be a top ten offense in the nation.  Mmmkay.   I guess it could happen.   lol

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, dspanther05 said:

#72 in scoring offense and #55 in total yards equals top 10 next year?  Not sure what this dude is smoking.

Returning pieces. We return our entire line + RB, QB, + top two WRs. I don’t agree..but that’s what it is. 

I say we finish 25-30:

-Better OL (Farniok at G, better C play, better OT matchups. Farniok got whipped. Not an OT. Hoping Piper makes a big jump. Boe Wilson really got a lot worse last year. Due to a new C? Maybe. 

-Mills got in a groove late. Need an explosive back. 

-Better WRs (dear god I hope). Here’s to hoping manning makes it & kicks it into high gear 

-Improvement in QB (should improve due to OL play + better OC/WR play 

• Fire 1

41 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

It always confuses me when i hear Nebraska fans say the national media or the big 10 doesn't respect Nebraska when the off-season is filed with articles like this every year. 

Thats cause those fans that say that still think its 1998.  And if Nebraska isn't thought of in the national media as being one of the top tier programs in the country, than we are being disrespected in comparison to their beliefs on where we stand.  If i wasn't a Nebraska fan i would say Nebraska is one of the most over-rated programs in the country.  But because i live here and know who we were for so many decades, i say the national media is about right on us.  The 40 and over population of this country actually wants Nebraska back and respects Nebraska.  The under 40 crowd, or any Iowa fan probably mostly think of Nebraska in the same way they think of Iowa or Tennessee.  Who here still thinks Tennessee is a stud program?

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Decked said:

Returning pieces. We return our entire line + RB, QB, + top two WRs. I don’t agree..but that’s what it is. 

I say we finish 25-30:

-Better OL (Farniok at G, better C play, better OT matchups. Farniok got whipped. Not an OT. Hoping Piper makes a big jump. Boe Wilson really got a lot worse last year. Due to a new C? Maybe. 

-Mills got in a groove late. Need an explosive back. 

-Better WRs (dear god I hope). Here’s to hoping manning makes it & kicks it into high gear 

-Improvement in QB (should improve due to OL play + better OC/WR play 

If we can the type of QB play we all expect from a Frost team, we could be in the top 10 offensively.  Heck, if we had the type of QB play we thought we would have , we could have been in the top 25 offensively even last year....despite our poor OL play.  

Not sure where we finished in yards produced but we were not very good in scoring and thats the most important thing.   Not efficient offensively nor consistent.  The entire team has been inconsistent for 6 years.   The most disappointing and troublesome concern about theae first two Frost coached teams is not being a steady, confident very

hard working and determined bunch that emulates it leader!   

This is Frost himself and I still feel it is THE reason Frost will get the program rolling eventually (starts Aug 2020) - as he will finally get the culture changed and some jntrasquad leadership guys of the right types to step forward and assert their wills.   That fighting spirit will catch fire and then look out.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

The O-line played much better the last five games, with everyone back plus Benhart hopefully ready to move Farniok inside this could be our best line in a long time. Excited to see how much impact the additions of Vokolek and Manning will make in our perimeter-blocking and pass-game. Whether we approach the kind of production this article predicts depends on getting our qb play and playcalling squared-away. We need to reestablish the deep passing game, not only provides a big-play threat but forces the D to defend the whole field., loosening things up underneath. Interested to see how rb shakes-out with our frosh, hopefully Thompkins can go, if he can't I doubt he ever plays. 

• Plus1 2
45 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Not sure where we finished in yards produced but we were not very good in scoring and thats the most important thing.   Not efficient offensively nor consistent.  The entire team has been inconsistent for 6 years.   The most disappointing and troublesome concern about theae first two Frost coached teams is not being a steady, confident very

hard working and determined bunch that emulates it leader!   

This is Frost himself and I still feel it is THE reason Frost will get the program rolling eventually (starts Aug 2020) - as he will finally get the culture changed and some jntrasquad leadership guys of the right types to step forward and assert their wills.   That fighting spirit will catch fire and then look out.  

Im with you brother.  Imo Frost isn't yet the best Gameday coach, but what he has that even Saban doesnt have is the intangibles.  Frost connects to people, hell he connects to me through a screen.  You can see it in his eyes and feel it in his presence.  He is real, and has the heart of a lion, whereas many coaches have the brain of a genius or a competitive heart, but not the same heart as frost.  Imo it has some to do with his faith and Jesus within him. Jesus can give you the spirit and heart, that nothing else can.  Its just my opinion from afar. But if uve ever been filled in the spirit you understand what i be sayin.  Frost has that warrior in him that was in David from the Bible.  I could be a KAF...but thats what i really believe.  

KAF is a kool aid fool.

• Plus1 1