247sports projects the Top 10 offenses in 2020

NUance

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

We'll be offseason playoff contenders in no time.

Maybe i enjoy a little koolaid although i dont think its that for me.   I try to be realistic and use basic logic and objective observations.    I have watched Big Red fball for almost half a century now and have seen many players come thru.   Frost was always c$%ky but it was based on self confidence and being physically

tough as nails, strong as a horse and pretty dam smart too!   He

has chosen an offensive scheme I am not crazy about but I feel the scheme is workable even in the weather and competition of today’s Big Ten.   Me - Id run the mid 1990s vintage Osbone with a few Frost spread em wrinkles just to spice it up for pass happy fans. 

Mostly football is blocking and tackling and kicking and catching in that order of priority.  The best team is the one that does the fundamentals well and plays with

true grit and toughness.  

Koolaid doesnt build toughness but it cant hurt!!!   lol 

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

Fix this and the offense looks a lot better:

RZ Scoring% 75.76% (#105)

^^^This.

I didn't think our offense was quite as bad as a lot of people thought last year. Our RZ offense was absolutely terrible though. If you improve that even to to like 85% which still isn't top 50 I bet we win 1-2 more games last year. Hoping that Vokolek, Manning, Betts and better OL play improve this a lot.

• Fire 2
9 hours ago, The Dude said:

We'll be offseason playoff contenders in no time.

All I know is the hunger and passion the fanbase has, I will be glad to be on board when we break through because if you want to see unbearable, watch what we become the first 3-4 years of real success from the viewpoint of an oppositions fan base. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, BigPeterJ said:

Im with you brother.  Imo Frost isn't yet the best Gameday coach, but what he has that even Saban doesnt have is the intangibles.  Frost connects to people, hell he connects to me through a screen.  You can see it in his eyes and feel it in his presence.  He is real, and has the heart of a lion, whereas many coaches have the brain of a genius or a competitive heart, but not the same heart as frost.  Imo it has some to do with his faith and Jesus within him. Jesus can give you the spirit and heart, that nothing else can.  Its just my opinion from afar. But if uve ever been filled in the spirit you understand what i be sayin.  Frost has that warrior in him that was in David from the Bible.  I could be a KAF...but thats what i really believe.  

KAF is a kool aid fool.

I was prepared to post an eye roll GIF, but as I continued reading, I don’t think there’s an eye roll that would be adequate.

• Plus1 1

Im with you brother.  Imo Frost isn't yet the best Gameday coach, but what he has that even Saban doesnt have is the intangibles.  Frost connects to people, hell he connects to me through a screen.  You can see it in his eyes and feel it in his presence.  He is real, and has the heart of a lion, whereas many coaches have the brain of a genius or a competitive heart, but not the same heart as frost.  Imo it has some to do with his faith and Jesus within him. Jesus can give you the spirit and heart, that nothing else can.  Its just my opinion from afar. But if uve ever been filled in the spirit you understand what i be sayin.  Frost has that warrior in him that was in David from the Bible.  I could be a KAF...but thats what i really believe.  

KAF is a kool aid fool.

And 247 gets paid to place Nebraska in these ratings by all of us.  Writers place Nebraska in a lot of preseason things because they know we have the type of fan base that will click on their articles by the thousands.  Publications/writers simply make more money by appealing to fan bases that are interested in anything about their team, even if that said team has been bad for several consecutive years. 

I do believe our offense will be solid this year, but against our schedule, top 10 is seems pretty unrealistic to me.   Hope I'm wrong.

• Plus1 2

21 hours ago, dspanther05 said:

#72 in scoring offense and #55 in total yards equals top 10 next year?  Not sure what this dude is smoking.

11 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I do believe our offense will be solid this year, but against our schedule, top 10 is seems pretty unrealistic to me.   Hope I'm wrong.

I don't think they're talking top 10 by raw numbers - Minnesota was 22nd in PPG, 43rd in YPG, and 24th in YPP last year. But they were 7th in Offensive S&P+, and were absolutely better than some of the offenses above them in raw numbers. Any offense is going to produce at different levels in the Big Ten versus the AAC. Controlling for competition matters, even if it's not perfect.

We were only 41st in S&P+ offense last year so still a big leap, but we don't have to put up 500+ yards per game to be a top ten offense. And we still could - we put up 497 on Wisconsin, 685 against Illinois, and had some other good games despite our issues last year. Need to more effectively turn those into points, but it's not as much of a stretch as some are saying. And yeah, I've been hitting the kool-aid pretty hard so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

• Plus1 1

I really think Martinez will be a lot better too.  I really like the new QB depth.  Everyone tries to have the attitude that when a spot is for sure yours you'll work just as hard without a number 2 breathing down your neck, but it's human nature to find that next gear when you think you could lose your spot.  That plus healing from injury and I think he'll rebound just fine.

• Plus1 1