247sports projects the Top 10 offenses in 2020

NUance

12 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

Have a serviceable kicker and that 5-7 goes to a minimum of 6-6 with a rz % around 85...our 5-7 was a bi product of poor D and a need to get in the zone as opposed to 3

A kicker would have been huge.  No doubt.  I'd take 3 points over a punt or turnover on downs all day long.  I am just unsure how we improve that much.  WR (deep threat/big body) is still a question.  Potential is there with two guys who have yet to play a down.  I thought last year we would see a lot more 2 TE's with their size and pre-season "solid position" speak.  Throw in questions at RB etc....I do think the OL will be much improved which bodes well.  Losing 3 on the DL and LJax, the O will have to step up for sure.  

I hope we finally have the pieces to go a complete 4 quarters of Frost's vision all season.  I still think we are a year or two away from depth top to bottom across the board.

3 hours ago, Husker03 said:

If Manning gets to campus and we find a QB, the offense will be unstoppable. The defense will be the same caliber, we basically will swap good groups and struggling groups so will be a wash and we will all hate Chinander again. Special teams will be better simply as a regression to the mean. Find a QB and a take the top off receiver and we will be a much improved team.

This looks spot on - however don't know that our DL will be downgraded.  We have so many options this year and Green could have played more last year if it wasn't for the redshirt / plus davis twins weren't really built for this defense and not sure their heads were 100%.  I think only position on d that will be iffy is Lamar Jackson and even that may be a surprise with what was held out last year.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

This looks spot on - however don't know that our DL will be downgraded.  We have so many options this year and Green could have played more last year if it wasn't for the redshirt / plus davis twins weren't really built for this defense and not sure their heads were 100%.  I think only position on d that will be iffy is Lamar Jackson and even that may be a surprise with what was held out last year.

Who is gonna replace Daniels at nose guard? Keem Green? If he is as good as Daniels then i agree with you.

38 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

Who is gonna replace Daniels at nose guard? Keem Green? If he is as good as Daniels then i agree with you.

I do think the twins played "out of position", but did a great job all things considered ie 3 DC's, 2 HC's, 3-4 positions coaches....The whole team has had about as little continuity as you can....IIRC, when they were recruited they were concerned about Banker rumors of running a 3-4.  So not a "natural position". I could be wrong.  

I think DL recruiting has at least been recruiting 3-4 guys since 2017 class so we have some "depth".  

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Green, Robinson, Daniels. 

I think there’s a good chance we won’t see much drop off at the position, especially if our DEs are better and require more attention from the OLine. 

Sounds like your saying Green, Robinson, and Daniels could be as good as good as the Davis twins and Darrion.  You do realize all 3 of our DL we lost from last year are probably gonna play in the NFL? We had one of the best DL in the BIG last year.  Our LBs were just that bad, and we were missing a pass rusher, which looks like we still are.  

25 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

Sounds like your saying Green, Robinson, and Daniels could be as good as good as the Davis twins and Darrion.  You do realize all 3 of our DL we lost from last year are probably gonna play in the NFL? We had one of the best DL in the BIG last year.  Our LBs were just that bad, and we were missing a pass rusher, which looks like we still are.  

The question was, who is going to be nose tackle? I think one of these three can hold down that position well. 

I also think we have good talent coming up at DE that is built better for the position. 

• Fire 1
44 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The question was, who is going to be nose tackle? I think one of these three can hold down that position well. 

I also think we have good talent coming up at DE that is built better for the position. 

My bad.  I hope your right.  I think I get what your saying.  DL interior might not be as good but you think our DEs will be better.  

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, I think one of these might be really good. 

If its a freshman, or even a sophomore, it will still be another year before he is great.  On the DL or DE , those are positions where it's hard to be physically dominant as a 18 or 19 year old.  Nomatter how strong you are for your age.

17 hours ago, runningblind said:

Everyone considers Luke QB2 right now.  Vedral started two games, and they feel like they know what they've got there.  Adrian has the most potential still, if he can get out of his own head and stay healthy.  The second part of that equation will largely depend on his supporting cast.  I hope Luke gets on the field a lot as well, however that can be made to happen.

Honestly I'd like to see McCaffrey change positions if Smothers is as good as I think he will be. Vedral is solid depth in the interim and Luke is too good of an athlete to leave on the sidelines if he gets buried on the QB depth chart.  If Martinez doesn't bounce back like I expect however,  then McCaffrey gets his chance in 2020.

Everyone?

Does that include Frost and Verduzco?

The thing possibly hurting Vedral is the fact that the coaches probably feel he won't transfer a 2nd time. So you can put him at QB3, but he's probably performed better than any backup qb we've had for over a decade.

I wonder if anyone has tried our offense with two QBs in shotgun...instead of a little RB behind the QB trying to catch the errant snap. Have them snap to Vedral on swing passes and 2AM or LM when we run something else...Probably resemble the I formation with enough separation so they don't have to call it.

1 hour ago, HUSKER 37 said:

Everyone?

Does that include Frost and Verduzco?

The thing possibly hurting Vedral is the fact that the coaches probably feel he won't transfer a 2nd time. So you can put him at QB3, but he's probably performed better than any backup qb we've had for over a decade.

I wonder if anyone has tried our offense with two QBs in shotgun...instead of a little RB behind the QB trying to catch the errant snap. Have them snap to Vedral on swing passes and 2AM or LM when we run something else...Probably resemble the I formation with enough separation so they don't have to call it.

Interesting.....u on Pacific Islander time or what