Nebrasketball Lands Wisconsin Transfer Kobe King

On 2/26/2020 at 4:41 PM, Mavric said:

RE: "Fred needs a big man"

Half have a starter 6-10+.  Only Gonzaga has two.

Three have one 6-9 guy. 

Creighton only has a 6-7 guy.

If we can get a couple 6-8/6-9 guys, we'll be in good shape.

What is he trying to show here?

KU has an elite 7 footer

Baylor plays a zone

FSU is LONG

Duke has crazy talent

Kentucky has crazy talent

MD has Smith

and no one is trying to be like the Jays (Just wait and see what happens)

I guess Dayton is the team that might compare?

Look, NU is going to be fine...they are going to shoot a lot of 3's and start making about 12 per game...that will change everything.

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/LongFormArticle/Transfer-Portal-Olivier-Sarr-Kentucky-Liam-Robbins-Minnesota-Johnny-Juzang-UCLA-Alan-Griffin-Syracuse-Trey-Murphy-Virginia-147062197/#147062197_1

Name: Kobe King

Eligibility Remaining: Two years

School: Nebraska

A slashing wing who was the leading scorer at Wisconsin at the time of his departure from the program, King is someone who should provide scoring pop right away in Lincoln. He has good size and is a solid athlete, which allows him to get places on the court and make plays. King was a capable outside shooter in high school, but never showed that in Madison. If he can find a way to regain that outside shooting form, he becomes a very dangerous offensive wing who can score from all three levels on the court. King is expected to be someone who applies for a waiver for immediate eligibility.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

:facepalm:

I think I said on here a while ago that I just need to ignore basketball till about a month before the season starts and look to see whose on the team.  Even then, it might change before the first game.

This is just getting stupid.

At least this makes it sound like it's not a...I want to go play somewhere else...thing.

• Plus1 1

56 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

I never felt great about the guy.  The way he quit on his team when he was at Wisconsin rubbed me the wrong way.  Especially because he's from the state of Wisconsin, so you would think being a hometown hero would make it easier for him to show some loyalty to that brand.  He is talented though.  

If he was eligible this year he would have averaged double figures for us most likely. 

• Thanks 1

Wonder if this opens the door for Nojel Eastern? I think he played off the ball and since he can't go to Michigan I don't know of any B1G caliber player available besides him. 247 says he is a PG but I thought he played off the ball a lot of the time. 

There are still guys available but it will be important to fill the last roster spot with a quality player.