The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

53 minutes ago, jaws said:

That can be said about most countries around the world. There are many populations that don't have any access to medical care or at least creditable medical care.

True, but none of them are first world countries. The US stands alone in this regard.

31 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

True, but none of them are first world countries. The US stands only in this regard.

This is true. The US stands at the bottom in this regard when comparing to other countries in the minority world. 

9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Which countries?

Do you really want me to list every country in the majority world? I would assume that most in those countries do not have access to adequate healthcare and do not have paid time off.

1 minute ago, jaws said:

Do you really want me to list every country in the majority world? I would assume that most in those countries do not have access to adequate healthcare and do not have paid time off.

Just the ones that are analogous to the United States will do.

23 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Just the ones that are analogous to the United States will do.

Why? Does everything need to be a debate?

No country is comparable in the majority world to the US. I don't see how that has anything to do with the general statement I made.  

Keep up the good fight. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, jaws said:

No country is comparable in the majority world to the US. I don't see how that has anything to do with the general statement I made.  

Keep up the good fight. 

Thank you!

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Honestly, it shocks me that some posters here still think the US is first world country.  Ha

We will always be a first world country by definition because it was short hand for cold war definitions. It really isn't a useful term anymore.

The First World consisted of the U.S., Western Europe and their allies. The Second World was the so-called Communist Bloc: the Soviet Union, China, Cuba and friends. The remaining nations, which aligned with neither group, were assigned to the Third World.

First world problems

1 hour ago, jaws said:

Keep up the good fight. 

The post you responded to spoke specifically about the structure of the US economy. Your reply was irrelevant in the context of any other non first-world nation.

There won't be a debate if you stop making meaningless comparisons like that.

• Haha 1

Everything you need to know about the coronavirus (COVID-19)

Dr ALEXIS SHIELDS

Everyone is talking about the coronavirus. You’ve heard it being discussed constantly in the media and it’s made its way into everyday conversation. Given that this variant of the coronavirus is new, there has been much speculation as scientists determine the specifics of this novel variant.

As of Feb 29, 2020, this is what I believe you need to know about the virus and how to protect yourself and your loved ones.

Note: I will continue to add updates to this article as new information becomes available.     LINK

=========================================  

Good info in this article.  Without the political agenda that most published information we're seeing has attached to it.  Including about half the posts in this thread.  

13 hours ago, knapplc said:

The post you responded to spoke specifically about the structure of the US economy. Your reply was irrelevant in the context of any other non first-world nation.

There won't be a debate if you stop making meaningless comparisons like that.

Are you Data from Star Trek?  

So trump tweets this.......

25596308-8080111-image-a-21_158344186772

but Pence said this...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8080111/Mike-Pence-admits-America-does-NOT-testing-kits-meet-coronavirus-demand.html

Mike Pence admitted Thursday that the administration will not be able to follow meet its promise to deliver one million coronavirus testing kits by the end of the week.

'We don't have enough tests today to meet what we anticipate the demand going forward,' Pence said during a visit to a 3M Company plant in Minnesota Thursday afternoon.

'We're focused very much on a cruise ship just off the California coast today. The Coast Guard delivered a sufficient number of tests for the passengers on that ship,' the vice president said.

Pence spoke after Trump boasted in a tweet that there were only 129 cases of the virus in the U.S. - but that number is a result of the tiny number of tests which have so far taken place.

Seems we really don't know how many cases we really have IF we don't have test kits!