The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

11 minutes ago, teachercd said:

No, I get that...but how come other countries are not rioting and protesting about this...how come they are not forcing their governments to share...like people would be doing here if it was reversed.  Seems odd.

So you get that Trump has fumbled this whole thing. But you don't to talk about that. Instead, you want to know why other countries are not protesting Trump's incompetency and sending us tests he declined. Am I following you right!?! 

8 minutes ago, FrankWheeler said:

I'm not sure you do get it. 

What are they going to be protesting?  The administration's policy on using a different test?  It was stated in the article that the administration could have been using the World Health Organization (WHO) test this whole time but have chosen not to.  It's not because of a lack of available tests, there are tests available from WHO to use.  The administration won't do it.

1 minute ago, QMany said:

So you get that Trump has fumbled this whole thing. But you don't to talk about that. Instead, you want to know why other countries are not protesting Trump's incompetency and sending us tests he declined. Am I following you right!?! 

Don't waste your time trying to explain. He's trolling.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Here's a great thread on what china had to do to contain it.  Read the entire thing.  I have very little faith that Americans are willing to go to this length.  China is a "collectivist" culture.  We are not.  China is an authoritarian government.  We are not (even though Trump wishes we were).

Very interesting - I have my doubts as well, but South Korea will be another interesting case study- much more applicable to how the US operates. 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, FrankWheeler said:

I'm not sure you do get it. 

What are they going to be protesting?  The administration's policy on using a different test?  It was stated in the article that the administration could have been using the World Health Organization (WHO) test this whole time but have chosen not to.  It's not because of a lack of available tests, there are tests available from WHO to use.  The administration won't do it.

Sure...

6 minutes ago, QMany said:

No.  Trump f#&%ed this up, we all know that.  That part is over because he f#&%ed it up so badly so all we can do now is hope that he (someone) gets it figured out...  We all know that part, right?

What I want to know is, why are we not seeing people from other countries screaming and crying and freaking out that no one is helping us?  Because we know if it was reversed that people here in America would be DEMANDING that we step in, interfere and do whatever it takes to get kits to those countries...regardless of policy.  We ignore other countries policies and laws all the time when we want to interfere.  

Yet...I have not seen any groups in other countries ripping on Trump's policy and sending us kits.  Have you?

32 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Very interesting - I have my doubts as well, but South Korea will be another interesting case study- much more applicable to how the US operates. 

Conversation just now with my Brother-in-law.  He's an accountant and does my parent's taxes.  He was at the same convention last week that I was.

Me:  Hey, just so you know, you should get a hotel room next week when you come.  I told my parents I'm staying away for two weeks.

BIL:  OK...I'm not sure if you're serious.  I need to talk to them about their taxes.

Me:  Yes, I am.  I'm not one that's panicked.  But, I believe we need to take the necessary steps to not pass it on to elderly people.

BIL:  Sure.....but, to me, this is nothing more than the flu.

Me:  This is much different than the flu.  The death rate with this is going to end up much higher than the flu, especially with elderly people.

BIL:  Silence.......

My brother in law is one that, let's just say, will believe Trump over the media outlets.

:facepalm:

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Conversation just now with my Brother-in-law.  He's an accountant and does my parent's taxes.  He was at the same convention last week that I was.

Me:  Hey, just so you know, you should get a hotel room next week when you come.  I told my parents I'm staying away for two weeks.

BIL:  OK...I'm not sure if you're serious.  I need to talk to them about their taxes.

Me:  Yes, I am.  I'm not one that's panicked.  But, I believe we need to take the necessary steps to not pass it on to elderly people.

BIL:  Sure.....but, to me, this is nothing more than the flu.

Me:  This is much different than the flu.  The death rate with this is going to end up much higher than the flu, especially with elderly people.

BIL:  Silence.......

My brother in law is one that, let's just say, will believe Trump over the media outlets.

:facepalm:

If anything I think it’s safer for you to go to your parents then your parents go out. Wash your hands and wear a mask if you feel the need, but if you can pick up tax paperwork and drop off groceries for them you would be saving them potential exposure. 

• Plus1 1

29 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

If anything I think it’s safer for you to go to your parents then your parents go out. Wash your hands and wear a mask if you feel the need, but if you can pick up tax paperwork and drop off groceries for them you would be saving them potential exposure. 

True, if it weren't for me being around so many people last week.  If that weren't the case, I wouldn't be staying away from them as much.  I live in a small town in central Nebraska.  The vast majority of the population here doesn't travel anywhere.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

No.  Trump f#&%ed this up, we all know that.  That part is over because he f#&%ed it up so badly so all we can do now is hope that he (someone) gets it figured out...  We all know that part, right?

What I want to know is, why are we not seeing people from other countries screaming and crying and freaking out that no one is helping us?

The rest of the world offered to help, and the US government turned them down. If anyone screams, it will be to ask why the Trump admin rejected help.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

GOT*AMNIT....We only use MADE IN "MERICA.

So....the administration that brags about deregulation and cutting red tape to "get things done" created red tape and regulation preventing the US from using an already developed test kit.

Priceless!!!!

I assume they wanted to keep the # of positive results artificially low. 

• Plus1 1