The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

11 hours ago, knapplc said:

It's f#&%ing sad that it takes something like a global plague to wake up 40% of the American population that MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T VOTE FOR A REALITY SHOW HOST FOR f#&%ING PRESIDENT YOU DAMNED MORONS but here we are.

I guess I'm confused, how is a pandemic, that started in China, Trump's fault?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Coronavirus isn't Trumps fault but the fact we can't test people properly is definitely his fault 

How?  Asking honestly.

Just now, QMany said:

No one is saying the pandemic is Trump's fault; the Administration's response is. But you knew that.

No, that's not how it read.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, Redux said:

I guess I'm confused, how is a pandemic, that started in China, Trump's fault?

It’s been mishandled from the top down. The Netherlands is testing as many people daily as we’ve tested total and we have 20x the population. Our our healthcare workers are having to go around the CDC to get testing done in some cases. And oh yeah Trump got rid of the pandemic response team. How dense are you?

• Plus1 6

2 minutes ago, Redux said:

How?  Asking honestly.

Instead of accepting the millions of cheap, effective, readily available test from WHO, Trump decided we needed to make our own tests and awarded the contract to a pharma company where he is a shareholder 

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

It’s been mishandled from the top down. The Netherlands is testing as many people daily as we’ve tested total and we have 20x the population. Our our healthcare workers are having to go around the CDC to get testing done in some cases. And oh yeah Trump got rid of the pandemic response team. How dense are you?

Exactly. This has been bungled by Trump for Trump's personal reasons. We are FAR behind getting a handle on this, whereas other countries with (allegedly) less capabilities than America are aggressively mitigating the damage. 

For example:

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

How dense are you?

That's pretty uncalled for.

Europe had a 30% error rate so the CDC said screw off and we are making our own. Should have 4million tests made in the coming days and double that heading into next week

9 minutes ago, Redux said:

Europe had a 30% error rate so the CDC said screw off and we are making our own. Should have 4million tests made in the coming days and double that heading into next week

30% error rate? Not saying I don't believe you just haven't seen that. Still think getting tests on the ground would have been far better than waiting weeks. We could have been testing this whole time and developing a better test at the same time to back it up

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
7 minutes ago, Redux said:

That was uncalled for, I apologize. But our president put many, many lives at risk by getting rid of the team that was in place for a crisis such as this, and it’s fine if we want to use our own tests but they aren’t being implemented quick enough and that’s left us completely useless at curbing this. The WHO tests may not be perfect (I haven’t seen the error rate anywhere) but at least they give us chance to mass test instead of playing Russian roulette. No it’s not Trumps fault this pandemic happened, yes it is Trumps fault that America was woefully unprepared for this. 

• Plus1 3