The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Reading stuff like that, it really gives you an idea where some of the folks responding to this thread are getting their ideas.

For sure. But the primary source is old orange face himself - he is the tail wagging the dog.  Fox, Hannity, Rush are all invested in him and his reelection.  Their blind, biased support has made any trump fail a reflection on them.  There is a benefit to independent thought and opinion - something they know not of. 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/stock-market-news-live-march-12-013620137.html

President Donald Trump reiterated his reassurances amid the global coronavirus pandemic, saying he expects markets will recover from their steep losses, according to a Bloomberg report Thursday.

It’s going to all bounce back and it’s going to bounce back very big,” Trump said at the White House Thursday during a meeting with Ireland’s Minister Leo Varadkar, Bloomberg reported.

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You said American testing was delayed because they were using flawed tests from Europe, which is why the CDC decided to make their own tests. 

This is not the case, correct?

Read into it as you wish.  My recollection wasn't perfect and I amended it. I think using a faulty test could be just as harmful,

Point being you would find fault regardless of how this were handled.  Yet I have yet to see a bolded and font size increased rant about China allowing this to become a global pandemic.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Redux said:

Read into it as you wish.  My recollection wasn't perfect and I amended it. I think using a faulty test could be just as harmful,

Point being you would find fault regardless of how this were handled.  Yet I have yet to see a bolded and font size increased rant about China allowing this to become a global pandemic.

Why do you need such a post about China? Why does the post about Trump offend you so much?

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, QMany said:

Basically all the major conferences just cancelled their postseason basketball tournaments.

Probably better than empty arena games

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Ehy do you need such a post about China? Why does the post about Trump offend you so much?

Not offended, like at all.  More perplexed.  Lol why do you need to rant about Trump in the Carona thread?  

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Redux said:

Remember that there's a presumptive test, which isn't as accurate but can be done much more quickly. The only accurate test I'm aware of (and I'm no expert) is a CT scan of the lungs.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Remember that there's a presumptive test, which isn't as accurate but can be done much more quickly. The only accurate test I'm aware of (and I'm no expert) is a CT scan of the lungs.

If only CT were cheap.  Sometimes I wish I were Canadian.

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Why wouldn't we discuss Trump's failures in reacting to this pandemic?

Why get so triggered by a supporting cast member but not by the source?

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Redux said:

I don't get how using potentially inaccurate presumptive testing would just as harmful. Can you explain that line of thought for me? 

• Plus1 3
9 minutes ago, Redux said:

I'm not usually one to argue with someone who lives and dies by right wing talking points. I learned long ago that it is useless. What I am going to do is share this message. China has done everything it can to contain the virus. Watch any zombie movie/ show, no matter how well you contain something a carrier always gets through. We should have had a secondary line of protection at our ports of entry. This article outlines exactly how someone who was a carrier got into our country, even person 1 here in Nebraska. I know you won't read it because it doesn't fit your narrative and facts don't matter to folks like you, but this will be my one and only attempt to helping you see the failures of the Trump administration in mitigating this outbreak for US citizens. Pretending like the pandemic wasn't happening, wasn't going to hit us, and then that it was all under control instead of testing ill people at the point of entry is why we are now dealing with it and having our lives so thoroughly disrupted now. All that security and safety at Camp Ashland was undone by improper training, handling, and messaging. - I'm out. 

He said "the alarm bells" sounded when he saw how the outbreak was being addressed at San Francisco International Airport.

"They literally had no idea what they were doing," he said, adding that one airport official even admitted that since things had escalated so quickly they were in disarray.

As passengers got off the plane, no one was at the gate to recording their temperatures, he said. (One of the symptoms of the disease is a fever, though a few cases are asymptomatic.) 

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-outbreak-covid19-self-quarantine-us-safer-china-2020-3?fbclid=IwAR0_u2rV663SZjVBaDSX71PlD13yCYKUROMLvCAGwo17WJM-_ian_fDernc 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, QMany said:

Two days from Selection Sunday. One week from First Round games. Their decision window is closing FAST.

All of these cancellations have been pretty sudden though.  Big 10 and 12 had already started their tournaments then were abruptly cancelled. 

Seems to me the Dance is going to suffer the same fate.