The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

That may work for some large employers but small companies like mine have no assistance to give. Can’t get blood out of a turnip.

It may be more beneficial for you and your workers if you got money from the federal government to give your employees and yourself paid leave rather than forcing you to close down and sending assistance to people individually. I think that would make everyone feel more secure in their jobs 

7 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Irresponsibly, I went out last night in Minneapolis and every bar I went to was packed. Even the arcade bar, which has to be about the absolute worst place to be right now with all the games being touched by countless individuals all day and minimal hand santizer in the building. If they don't force bars/restaurants to close my generation is going to infect the entire population.

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

That is.....extremely disturbing....scary.

My fiancee got into an argument with her sister about this last night. Her sister couldn't understand that it's not the severity of the virus but it's affect on overwhelming our healthcare system which creates greater issues for everyone

5 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

Irresponsibly, I went out last night in Minneapolis and every bar I went to was packed. Even the arcade bar, which has to be about the absolute worst place to be right now with all the games being touched by countless individuals all day and minimal hand santizer in the building. If they don't force bars/restaurants to close my generation is going to infect the entire population.

I feel you. We kinda went about a normal Saturday yesterday: lunch, local shops, stores, etc. We did lather up on hand sanitizer everywhere we went.  Last night we definitely regretted it. Today we're staying home. Thankfully enjoying the sunshine with our pets today. 

31 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

That's what I'm saying - give assistance to the businesses.

31 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

It may be more beneficial for you and your workers if you got money from the federal government to give your employees and yourself paid leave rather than forcing you to close down and sending assistance to people individually. I think that would make everyone feel more secure in their jobs 

Okay, apparently I misunderstood what @Moiraine meant in what I responded to.

RE: Small and local businesses

We've discussed not going to our gym (locally owned) but telling them not to cancel our monthly payments in a show of support to them. 

Also these f#&%ing banner ads at the bottom are killing my mobile experience

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, GSG said:

We've discussed not going to our gym (locally owned) but telling them not to cancel our monthly payments in a show of support to them. 

I saw a recommendation to buy gift certificates from your favorite restaurants, effectively giving them a loan during a time of hardship.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, GSG said:

My fiancee got into an argument with her sister about this last night. Her sister couldn't understand that it's not the severity of the virus but it's affect on overwhelming our healthcare system which creates greater issues for everyone

I think this is the key.  The US, at max potential, has approx 100,000 ICU beds.  That's it.....Throw in all the other health issues, accidents, injuries, that require these beds....And for the vast majority of people, the coronavirus is not deadly, some may not even present symptoms, BUT for the at risk population it is and can be deadly......As shown numerous times on the board, we have to flatten the curve.

Nunes saying go out to eat, international travel/land/sea/air oming in with little to no scrutiny......People think it's bad now.......

27 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

I saw a recommendation to buy gift certificates from your favorite restaurants, effectively giving them a loan during a time of hardship.

Saw the same.  Trying to do that now.  At least help out when/where you can....

43 minutes ago, GSG said:

No doubt. I have to refresh like 10 times to be able to click "continue without support" as I have an add blocker....And I still get adds....