The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Can it be true that Nebraska has not yet cancelled all public school for the foreseeable future?

I saw something on Facebook so decided to check the Columbus Public Schools site and they still don’t have a closure announcement. Crazy.

Are there other school districts still open in NE?

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Can it be true that Nebraska has not yet cancelled all public school for the foreseeable future?

I saw something on Facebook so decided to check the Columbus Public Schools site and they still don’t have a closure announcement. Crazy.

Here in Broomfield, CO there's discussions that remote teaching occurs after the current 2 week break. Not sure how they're going to pull that off.

16 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Here in Broomfield, CO there's discussions that remote teaching occurs after the current 2 week break. Not sure how they're going to pull that off.

Maybe some are just dragging their feet making the announcement since many are currently on spring break. But surely nobody thinks things are going to get better or return to normal within the next 3-4....8 weeks? I mean all schools will be cancelled long term, right?

• Plus1 1

54 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Lots and lots. It's crazy.

20 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Lyons Decatur Northeast just announced they will have school. 

That's just irresponsible at this point. People don't have to wait for the federal government to dictate things. Any school board that decides to hold classes is part of the problem.

The school I teach at is still open >_>

From the meetings we’ve had during inservice and otherwise, it seems our super is most worried about the opportunities missed if we close for an extended time. These opportunities primarily being the senior’s last prom, last sports seasons, quiz bowls, one act, etc.

So those of us who feel it’s best to close are looking towards our ESU district (or Ricketts). I couldn’t imagine Ricketts continuing to allow schools the choice for much longer. Let’s be proactive, for health sake.

5 minutes ago, C-4 said:

From the meetings we’ve had during inservice and otherwise, it seems our super is most worried about the opportunities missed if we close for an extended time. These opportunities primarily being the senior’s last prom, last sports seasons, quiz bowls, one act, etc.

That stuff just sucks, for the kids as well as families who will miss them. But man, I just can't see how there's any real choice here.

Saw this earlier today. People have just got to start seeing reason.

If there’s even the smallest chance that you can make sure someone’s grandpa gets five more years with his family – and all you have to do is stay home from a basketball game – then why is it even a question? 

Source

• Plus1 3