The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Just now, JJ Husker said:

Well at least they got it right. Sadly, apparently it took some outside force to get them there.

Right, that has been the most frustrating part of all this. Every decision so far has come late. Shut down district wrestling 3 hrs after wrestling starts. The next week shut down school a day before spring break... at noon. In both cases they had the knowledge beforehand, but it took an outside source to make the call after exposure had already taken place. This pattern only seems to be repeating itself over and over.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

One of our officers was supposed to leave for Kenya tomorrow. She cancelled her travel plans a few days ago and then her flight over to Europe was cancelled a day later anyways. She really wanted to go, but it's what it is, this article only confirms that she made the right decision. Very interesting! 

6 hours ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

One of our officers was supposed to leave for Kenya tomorrow. She cancelled her travel plans a few days ago and then her flight over to Europe was cancelled a day later anyways. She really wanted to go, but it's what it is, this article only confirms that she made the right decision. Very interesting! 

I had a friend fly to Chicago this pas week for a convention. She got there just as they were canceling it. So she spent the weekend in the city, and she flies back today. 

How long will this last? I saw @lo country saying something about how this shouldn't affect fall sports or if it does we are in trouble, but I have seen a differing opinion. The thing with flattening the curve is people are still going to get infected, we are just trying to slow the spread. In doing so, we actually slow down the timeline for the disease. I read an article suggesting the longer this goes on, actually the more successful we have been in slowing the spread and flattening the curve. This may mean we are still experiencing this in the fall and even into the winter and next year

18 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Sadly I also gotta go full Boomer and blame the kids. My daughter's generation. College has been canceled, they're all going "WHOOO!" and packing the bars like it's a party specially made for the young and immortal. 

It is a weird dynamic, almost the inverse of climate change.

• Boomer is not concerned and doesn't want to take action because climate change won't effect them as much. Youths are freaking out and fighting.
  • Generation Z is not concerned and doesn't want to take action because COVID-19 won't affect them as much. Elderly are freaking out and isolating. 

Ignorance is not bliss; I don't think either will end well.

• Plus1 3

To be fair, at least in my area, the boomers are just as bad. The restaurant I work at had many older guests over the weekend and my GF works at a retail shop and said older people were out shopping and had travelled from Hattisburg area where there are a number of confirmed cases

8 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

To be fair, at least in my area, the boomers are just as bad. The restaurant I work at had many older guests over the weekend and my GF works at a retail shop and said older people were out shopping and had travelled from Hattisburg area where there are a number of confirmed cases

In my area as well. The Good Life on 202nd and Maple was absolutely packed Saturday at 1:00.

• Plus1 1