The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

That was me, haha. Italy just seems like such an outlier to me. Not saying it won't get bad here, but the Pacific Northwest should be like Lombardy by now if we we're tracking the same as Italy. There's just more to the story there. 

I think they had a lot of contributing factors that led to a worst case scenario. The Chinese immigrants, old age, poor preparedness and supplies, significant budget cuts over the years that led to the poor preparation.

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

That was me, haha. Italy just seems like such an outlier to me. Not saying it won't get bad here, but the Pacific Northwest should be like Lombardy by now if we we're tracking the same as Italy. There's just more to the story there. 

From everything I have seen we are 11 days behind Italy and if you look at it it does kind of line up nicely with where Italy was 11 days ago. I don't think we will see a nearly 10% death rate but I definitely expect things to get much worse and we will probably see death totals higher than Italy just due to population difference. That said we are doing well right now as we haven't had a 100 death day which Italy did have on this day 11 days ago and most countries with our number of infections have seen. What that means, I don't know yet

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, ZRod said:

I think they had a lot of contributing factors that led to a worst case scenario. The Chinese immigrants, old age, poor preparedness and supplies, significant budget cuts over the years that led to the poor preparation.

Yep!

And there is more, but posting it here will just get some people all freaked out...but in the end...we (the posters that live in America, even the ones that hate it) have it really freaking good.

My dad came over today to just talk, but it sucked because he was afraid to even come in my garage because of everything! This virus sucks! :(:lameMy brother works in healthcare and some of the things he said scared the hell out of me a little bit, but I already kinda knew some of the stuff he was saying in the back of my mind. Not enough ICU beds, vents, masks, etc......:unsure:

The Democrat Hoax got Rand Paul!

It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife.

The Coronavirus Hoax

Written by Ron Paul

Governments love crises because when the people are fearful they are more willing to give up freedoms for promises that the government will take care of them. After 9/11, for example, Americans accepted the near-total destruction of their civil liberties in the PATRIOT Act’s hollow promises of security.

It is ironic to see the same Democrats who tried to impeach President Trump last month for abuse of power demanding that the Administration grab more power and authority in the name of fighting a virus that thus far has killed less than 100 Americans.

The chief fearmonger of the Trump Administration is without a doubt Anthony Fauci, head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases at the National Institutes of Health. Fauci is all over the media, serving up outright falsehoods to stir up even more panic. He testified to Congress that the death rate for the coronavirus is ten times that of the seasonal flu, a claim without any scientific basis.

On Face the Nation, Fauci did his best to further damage an already tanking economy by stating, “Right now, personally, myself, I wouldn’t go to a restaurant.” He has pushed for closing the entire country down for 14 days.

• Thanks 1

To be clear, I think any member of congress, R or D, who sold stock because of this should be investigated

But this is just classic Trump..

Trump asked about senators who sold stock ahead of the market collapse:  

Trump:  "I'm not aware of it"  --then goes on to discuss it.---Lie

Trump:  "I guess it was Diane Feinstein and a few others"  -note she's the only Democrat in this group of senators

Reporter:  "to clarify the group also includes Richard Burr...and Kelly Loeffler..."

Then Trump goes on to accuse the reporter of failing to mention Feinstein's name, when that hypocritical a$$h@!e just did the exact opposite and mentioned only Feinstein's name earlier.  

This exchange in itself may not be a huge deal, but it's a perfect example of why I cannot stand that blubbering jacka$$ we call "mr president."  

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-defends-senators-under-fire-for-pre-corona-stock-dumps-theyre-very-honorable-people/

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1