The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Dems blocked the Senate GOP relief bill in a 47-47 tie. I assume those who usually dump on the establishment for not caring about people or workers enough or whatever are going to show up and congratulate them for holding the line,d own to every single last member.

McConnell is reportedly as pissed as anyone has ever seen him. Some hot takes:

11 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

As exemplified by the tweet in my post you originally responded to, they continually misrepresent things that Trump and others say and do in order to make the president look as bad as they can. 

Then add in the media's fake outrage over "Chinese virus"

Neither of the things i posted in the last 2 posts are examples of the media "calling out Trump" or anything like that. They're examples of the media manipulating their audience with misleading their audience, which is often done with made-up sources and nonexistent information, and that type of disgraceful "journalism" has ruined the faith people have in the media. 

I've said this a thousand times... There's plenty of substance to critique Trump on, but they almost always make headlines out of distorted info, flat out fake info, or things that aren't even worth talking about. 

And people on this board eat it up because "orange man bad"

You said the media made the situation 100x worse.  I simply asked how.

I don't need the "media" to tell me Trump is making stuff up along the way.  Just yesterday, during his briefing, he was going on and on about how complicated ventilators were.  "Nobody realizes the complicated machinery and computers involved..."  He then hands the podium to Pence, who within seconds, explains that ventilators really aren't that complicated and factories like Ford and GM have already set up production lines and it was just a matter of switching out some screens.  

4 minutes ago, funhusker said:

You said the media made the situation 100x worse.  I simply asked how.

I don't need the "media" to tell me Trump is making stuff up along the way.  Just yesterday, during his briefing, he was going on and on about how complicated respirators were.  "Nobody realizes the complicated machinery and computers involved..."  He then hands the podium to Pence, who within seconds, explains that respirators really aren't that complicated and factories like Ford and GM have already set up production lines and it was just a matter of switching out some screens.  

Yeah Trump has a propensity for talking out of his a$$ and using a lot of over the top hyperbole. All that is mostly harmless in most cases. 

But you don't think that the media doing everything they can to stir up panic is a problem? 

14 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Dems blocked the Senate GOP relief bill in a 47-47 tie. I assume those who usually dump on the establishment for not caring about people or workers enough or whatever are going to show up and congratulate them for holding the line,d own to every single last member.

McConnell is reportedly as pissed as anyone has ever seen him. Some hot takes:

Wait, is this the 1,200 dollar stimulus check one?

5 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Yeah Trump has a propensity for talking out of his a$$ and using a lot of over the top hyperbole. All that is mostly harmless in most cases. 

But you don't think that the media doing everything they can to stir up panic is a problem? 

How are they stirring panic?  Hell, CNN seems to be pretty muted compared to the everyday dr's and nurses that my wife follows on social media.  

Has any reputable media source reported on anything untrue? 

47 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’ve asked several times on here similar questions. 

I don’t believe it’s ever been answered. 

I've been looking for the answer as well.  Still haven't found it.

I mean what if "the media' all came together and said "It's OVER!!!!  The virus is gone because everyone in our nation joined hands (no need to social distance) and solved the problem.  It is a great testament of the work of Trump and his administration and their obligation to the American people.  We are so lucky to hear a man speak that so thoroughly knows his s#!t!  By the way, the economies of the entire world agreed not to charge anyone anything for all of this, so everyone gets their jobs back, no one has healthcare bills, and no one needs to worry about college loans anymore.  BEER'S ON US!!!!!"

Would that make it better?

edit: I would argue that this press release, would in fact, make things 100x worse...:dunno  What do you think @ActualCornHusker?

• Plus1 1
41 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I've been looking for the answer as well.  Still haven't found it.

I mean what if "the media' all came together and said "It's OVER!!!!  The virus is gone because everyone in our nation joined hands (no need to social distance) and solved the problem.  It is a great testament of the work of Trump and his administration and their obligation to the American people.  We are so lucky to hear a man speak that so thoroughly knows his s#!t!  By the way, the economies of the entire world agreed not to charge anyone anything for all of this, so everyone gets their jobs back, no one has healthcare bills, and no one needs to worry about college loans anymore.  BEER'S ON US!!!!!"

Would that make it better?

edit: I would argue that this press release, would in fact, make things 100x worse...:dunno  What do you think @ActualCornHusker?

You're right, that would also not be good of them to do. It's almost like.... there's a middle ground :dunno where during a time of crisis like we're in now, the media could be more focused on actually reporting than trying to smear the president. 

10 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

You're right, that would also not be good of them to do. It's almost like.... there's a middle ground :dunno where during a time of crisis like we're in now, the media could be more focused on actually reporting than trying to smear the president. 

We can agree to disagree on importance.  But has the media "made anything up" about the President's behavior/statements? If they have, I'd like to see it.

If not, then it is reporting.  They might be giving you more information than you care to get, but as long as it is correct information, it ISN"T making anything worse...

edit: I should clarify.  When I say "media" I mean journalists doing journalism.  Not people like Lawrence O'Donnel and Sean Hannity ranting for an hour about their opinion of the journalism...Those people are bad for America, I'd agree.

10 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Examples. Provide citations. If they're really doing Trump dirty, show us how. Put up or shut up.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Examples. Provide citations. If they're really doing Trump dirty, show us how. Put up or shut up.

This is on the list of "worst responses"...

Remember, it is a message board.  You are not defending your thesis while trying to earn your PhD

• Plus1 1