The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

They will pass something but I'm glad we didn't get this first option because it doesn't help the people who need it. They will hammer something out 

I hope!

All I know is that now I want 1,200 or more...less than 1,200 and I will be (fake) pissed at the dorks that voted against it.

More than 1,200 and I will be in (fake) love with them.

I am a simple person...I would rather have more free money instead of less free money.

24 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This spade is a spade.

There. I said it.

Actually feel like I'm talking to my brother...

It just boggles my mind that we are in this spot!

Edit: I was 'joking' with a science teacher friend about how the USA is creating two different branches within the human evolutionary tree; not sure we are wrong...

• Plus1 1

42 minutes ago, funhusker said:

You claimed the media is making this situation "worse", 100x over.

Yet you can't tell us why.  Does every story "help": no. This Tweet would be an example of that, but I don't see how it made the situation 'worse".  But you said it made things "100x worse", how?

I would love to hear.  Sounds like someone caught a soundbite and isn't prepared to explain the "why"...

It's just amazing to me when i say something that's obvious and people are blind to it, so sorry i don't spend my life compiling sources for every comment i make on a message board.  Here's some more wonderful journalism for you...

Let's add Hillary to the category of media since she likes to blurt out nonsense occasionally: 

Again in case you missed it: 

And just an fyi to combat the misinformation: 

8 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

It's just amazing to me when i say something that's obvious and people are blind to it, so sorry i don't spend my life compiling sources for every comment i make on a message board.  Here's some more wonderful journalism for you...

Let's add Hillary to the category of media since she likes to blurt out nonsense occasionally: 

Again in case you missed it: 

And just an fyi to combat the misinformation: 

The day we can get people to stop equating "opinion" columns and personal Tweets with "news" will be a hell of a start!

Christ! If we're going to throw every status update in there, my aunt said Jesus was going to come reclaim us all last summer!  Stupid MEDIA!!!!

Use your fricken brain.  Brian Stelter "liking" a Tweet does not equal "Brian Stelter Reports!"  For f#&% sake....

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

The day we can get people to stop equating "opinion" columns and personal Tweets with "news" will be a hell of a start!

Christ! If we're going to throw every status update in there, my aunt said Jesus was going to come reclaim us all last summer!  Stupid MEDIA!!!!

1) I said "media" is making this worse

2) all these are examples of media in the form of articles or "journalists" on Twitter

Why move the goalposts? All of these show both wild inaccuracies and incredible hypocrisy in the media, and they're not isolated. This was me scrolling Twitter for just 10 mins

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

1) I said "media" is making this worse

2) all these are examples of media in the form of articles or "journalists" on Twitter

Why move the goalposts? All of these show both wild inaccuracies and incredible hypocrisy in the media, and they're not isolated. This was me scrolling Twitter for just 10 mins

How?  As misguided as those Tweets may be, how have they made the situation worse?

I've moved nothing.  You've shown nothing.

How has the media spread the virus?  How has the media contributed to economic downturn?  How has the media forced less than ideal circumstances on you?

Tell us.  Make something up, at least!

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

How?  As misguided as those Tweets may be, how have they made the situation worse?

I've moved nothing.  You've shown nothing.

How has the media spread the virus?  How has the media contributed to economic downturn?  How has the media forced less than ideal circumstances on you?

Tell us.  Make something up, at least!

Jesus... I've explained it plenty, so I'm done with the battle of semantics

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
17 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Jesus... I've explained it plenty, so I'm done with the battle of semantics

Whatever...

Semantics my a$$.  You just can't explain how media made things worse.  

Edit: the same way I can't claim the 'media" made things better.   This shtick about blaming media is a played out excuse.  Blame "us".  We are the ones that get caught up in Twitter feeds and 24/7 news.  The media isn't to blame, there is enough Twitter accounts to make everyone happy.  Take some ownership and call it what it is, stupid people believe stupid s#!t and we get the world we live in.

Stop thinking you're so cool because you don't buy into CNN/FoxNews/MSNBC or whatever.  OANN and Alex Jones have just as much opportunity to be wrong.  Use your brain, discern the facts and who's reporting them and take some freaking ownership.  My god, for a "libertarian" you sure seem to give a lot of other people a whole lot of power they don't deserve!

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Whatever...

Semantics my a$$.  You just can't explain how media made things worse.  

The media received intelligence about this virus two months ago.

The media downplayed its impact for weeks. Stood at a podium and lied for weeks.

As the virus spread and State and local leaders realized what they were dealing with, the media proclaimed it a hoax.

As the media sat idle and failed to respond to the obvious, those State and local leaders formed their own plans.

The media, instead of using its constitutional authority, bumbled and mumbled and delayed.

All the while, the media proclaimed their actions were the best, and everything was fine.

And now that we're in full blown crisis mode, the media is instead distracted with blaming those same State and local leaders rather than taking decisive action.

See? It's all the media's fault.

• Plus1 5