The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

36 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

From the article:

This is what you can conclude:

• Excluding these, countries that are prepared will see a fatality rate of ~0.5% (South Korea) to 0.9% (rest of China).
  • Countries that are overwhelmed will have a fatality rate between ~3%-5%

Put in another way: Countries that act fast can reduce the number of deaths by a factor of ten. And that’s just counting the fatality rate. Acting fast also drastically reduces the cases, making this even more of a no-brainer.

Countries that act fast reduce the number of deaths at least by 10x.

• Plus1 2

26 minutes ago, Redux said:

What are the age range numbers in the US?

I can't find it now but statistics out of New York are showing 40% of hospitalization are between 18-44. Only 3% of the deaths there have been people under 30 I believe but the middle age range was pretty high, though 50% of deaths were people over 70. 

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Some of the Auto manufacturers are laying off contract employees now. I just hope they have health insurance still covered through their contract houses. I know some people who really need it...

saw on Nightline that Ford is crossing over to producing ventilators...and are retooling presently. They hope to put 7 of 10 back on the production line

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

saw on Nightline that Ford is crossing over to producing ventilators...and are retooling presently. They hope to put 7 of 10 back on the production line

Yeah, GM said the same thing. Fiat Chrylser is making masks in China too.

• Plus1 2