The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I totally understand the concern but there is some evidence that a lot more people have been infected than we know about and that, possibly for a majority of people, they never experience any symptoms and it doesn’t affect them. Of course the US is nowhere near the point we should be easing restrictions but it will be interesting to see how it goes in China.

I'm REALLY hoping the illness I had at the beginning of the month was this stuff. Similar symptoms, but it wasn't severe enough to be tested. Just like a really bad flu.

3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I totally understand the concern but there is some evidence that a lot more people have been infected than we know about and that, possibly for a majority of people, they never experience any symptoms and it doesn’t affect them. Of course the US is nowhere near the point we should be easing restrictions but it will be interesting to see how it goes in China.

I understand and agree.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out.  So, let's say I'm immune, but my elderly parents aren't.  I just was hanging out with someone who got the virus on me then I go visit my parents.  

The vaccine is essential in all of this.  If we can get that and mass produce it quickly, then the issue is taken care of.

Thanks,

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I understand and agree.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out.  So, let's say I'm immune, but my elderly parents aren't.  I just was hanging out with someone who got the virus on me then I go visit my parents.  

The vaccine is essential in all of this.  If we can get that and mass produce it quickly, then the issue is taken care of.

Thanks,

Agreed. It will be a dangerous situation, especially for the old and more vulnerable, until a vaccine and some form of treatment is developed.

I get that there is some need to balance mitigation with economic concerns but we are nowhere near that point. And really I don’t feel that China is either. It’s one thing to have flattened the curve but, without a vaccine and almost 100% testing, there are still way too many who could fall victim.

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I honestly don’t know a company with a worse reputation right now than Wells Fargo. 

It baffles me why anyone would bank there. 

Well, there is a pretty good reason he is formerly of Wells Fargo. Unfortunately the article did not list his current (if any) place of employment.

How is "the media" keeping people from going back to work?

And how does that compare to every major health official, every mayor, every governor telling people to stay home?

This doesn't even make sense.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Or does it...

2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

I wonder if in March of 1918 there were people out there saying 'come on folks this ain't the bubonic plague' 

I am sure this has been posted before, but this twitter thread on how Omaha dealt with the outbreak a century ago is interesting how similar things have been.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/24/2020 at 8:54 AM, ActualCornHusker said:

That's interesting... Which party continually proposes lowering the voting age? I wonder why :dunno maybe because young people don't know anything about anything and they're easy to manipulate with emotion? Hmmmm....

Also... I take part in a lot of different forums on politics. Out of every political forum I've observed, the one filled with the most idiotic, skewed, and fascist viewpoints... is Huskerboard P&R forum. It's Orwellian tbh.

giphy.gif

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4

Actual Conversation I had. Completely illustrates the mental hoops some people are willing to go through to support current leaders and the lack of testing being done. Maybe I got through to him?

Other guy: So test everyone? Even though they show ZERO symptoms? Giving people false hope? Really? I can agree to test those who are symptomatic, but to test asymptomatic is asinine.

Me: Help with the title. "Rand Paul test positive for Covid-19, says he is asymptomatic." Rand Paul, is what is known as a carrier. Even though Rand Paul does not exhibit symptoms, he is passing the virus along to everyone he encounters. Rand Paul is effectively killing people by being in the public while harboring the virus. Most people don't want to be like Rand Paul. https://www.wymt.com/content/news/Rand-Paul-tests-positive-for-COVID-19-569009761.html?fbclid=IwAR0INl1tYAvESMZ6ADd3uSs80YYOc9IGMWWr9W1PFhsPpisQwBRP4N-k-Gk

Other guy: he (Rand Paul) is self quaranteed, so he is not spreading any Covid 19

Me: Well hello! How did Rand Paul know to self quarantine... come on I know you'll get there.

Other guy: crickets.... 

• Plus1 3
52 minutes ago, knapplc said:

And how does that compare to every major health official, every mayor, every governor telling people to stay home?

Or does it...

I hate the liberal media, the center for disease control and the world health organization are the worst liberal news rags out there. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
59 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Or does it...

He said the quiet part out loud again...

• Plus1 2
On 3/24/2020 at 7:54 AM, ActualCornHusker said:

That's interesting... Which party continually proposes lowering the voting age? I wonder why :dunno maybe because young people don't know anything about anything and they're easy to manipulate with emotion? Hmmmm....

Also... I take part in a lot of different forums on politics. Out of every political forum I've observed, the one filled with the most idiotic, skewed, and fascist viewpoints... is Huskerboard P&R forum. It's Orwellian tbh.

There’s a very comprehensive solution that a person as smart and knowledgeable as yourself should easily identify. If the viewpoints here on good ole Huskerboard are too idiotic, skewed and fascist for your taste, you could stick to just visiting those other political forums that support your notions and preferences. I mean I’d hate to think you were somehow being forced into some Orwellian experience.

It’ll be our loss and your gain but I’m sure we’ll find a way to go on. :lol:

• Haha 3