The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

Well, that doesn't seem right. Trump is always so precise with numbers.

Remember his inauguration, where he didn't fudge the size of the crowds at all?

Trump isn't personally in charge of the numbers of verified deaths that are feeding the different tracking sites.

You don't have to actively try really hard to make every single thing about Trump every time. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Landlord said:

Trump isn't personally in charge of the numbers of verified deaths that are feeding the different tracking sites.

You don't have to actively try really hard to make every single thing about Trump every time. 

You're right...he doesn't....I honestly don't think he has to try hard.

• Plus1 1

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So much about this whole situation pisses me off.  In this letter, he brags about the intensive testing that is being done.  There are people who are exhibiting signs and they are told they aren't going to be tested.

I have no issues with this letter, the problem is, he never speaks like this. 

• Fire 1

18 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Please explain what this article is trying to say.  

To me, it's claiming the predictions are all BS because they didn't come true.  But...the predictions are based on if governments did nothing to mitigate the problem.  We all know they did.  So, I fail to see how the numbers prove them wrong.

Also, some of the numbers don't look right compared to the numbers of cases.

In New York, Covid Act Now claimed nearly 5,400 New Yorkers would’ve been hospitalized by March 19. The actual number of hospitalizations is around 750. The site also claimed nearly 13,000 New York hospitalizations by March 23. The actual number was around 2,500.

There are 37,000 cases in NY with over 4,000 new cases yesterday.  I'm guessing there are a heck of a lot more hospitalized than 2,500.

• Plus1 2