The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

16 minutes ago, teachercd said:

My opinion

Do nothing...you are having them do this for 14 days?  Not a big deal in my mind.  No one is staying inside 24/7 unless they are locked in.

Don't say that out loud in front of my wife.

I made the mistake of asking BRB's question to her, OMG!!!!

After hearing her talk, I'm scared to leave the house :lol:

Her words: "The reason the USA will be the worst hit place is because we don't understand quarantine.  If you are at risk, at all, of having the virus, you should not leave your house even for essentials. You should coordinate with family/friends to bring you supplies and leave them at your doorstep.  If we have "self quarantined" people going to Walmart for groceries we're all f#&%ed for a long f#&%ing time!!!"

(emphasis hers)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

See if they have a reasonable explanation. If not, what would you normally do with an employee who abuses sick leave?

Normal sick leave doesn’t require quarantine and if the person comes back to work without doing what they were supposed to do, they are putting everyone else at risk. 

@BigRedBuster I get that, but don't over think it. They're abusing your policy or exemption; and under normal circumstances that could be grounds for termination, right? As long as they're not at the strip club or whatever then I can see a lot of reasonable excusee. Your the boss though. You make the tough decisions, that's why you get paid the big bucks lol

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Who isn't saying this?

This is what everyone is saying if they aren't saying "it's a hoax" or "it's no worse than the flu".

Maybe I'm in some weird bubble of sanity...highly doubt it!

I was making reference to Knapps comment to remain calm and practice good hygiene...From watching the tv news, Twitter, and this thread....I was under the impression that most are running around yelling "Armagedden, Armageddon"

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....I should have to lay someone who is contributing to the problem that could ultimately severely damage everyone else’s jobs. 

Man, that sounds like a sticky situation.  My guess is if you fired him, that would be that.  But can you fire a guy for something that didn't happen (yet)?

I don't know, you live in a small town, I am sure people have seen him out and about.

23 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Man, that sounds like a sticky situation.  My guess is if you fired him, that would be that.  But can you fire a guy for something that didn't happen (yet)?

I don't know, you live in a small town, I am sure people have seen him out and about.

I said, it hasn’t happened yet. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....I should have to lay someone who is contributing to the problem that could ultimately severely damage everyone else’s jobs. 

I'll explain my answer of firing them. If it were normal sick leave, under normal circumstances, I likely wouldn't even mention it to them or do anything. But with what the country is dealing with right now, I would have zero tolerance for either of the two possibilities. One, they are either gaming the system at a very vulnerable time so that tells me they're a lying POS. Or two, they really are sick and endangering other people, so they're either too stupid for me to want to keep employing them or they know better and don't care about the consequences of their actions. I don't see any other possibilities so they would be looking for their next job.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2