The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Inside the mind of a very sick man. 

Crazy that people would watch updates from the government during a time of crisis.

He acts like it's him people are tuning in to see. They would have exactly the same ratings if any other person was up there.

15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Crazy that people would watch updates from the government during a time of crisis.

He acts like it's him people are tuning in to see. They would have exactly the same ratings if any other person was up there.

IDK..,

I think a lot of people watch because it is bound to be a joke.  Which makes Trump bragging about it pathetic.  He’s like the kid on the playground drawing a crowd because he’s about to eat a dog turd, “geez! Look how much people want to play with me!  I’m the most popular kid on the playground!”

50 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's a bit baffling because Trump sending American supplies to China is the kind of thoughtful gesture our America First President never makes. Also, the kind of gesture we might have lauded in Obama, being both humanitarian and preventative. 

Trump can't brag about his generosity in this case because it's the kind of thing his base abhors. Imagine if Barack Obama had sent our live saving gear to China while Americans died. 

Fascinating how many different ways one President can keep f#&%ing up. 

I didn't even think about it like that.  You are totally right though.

32 minutes ago, funhusker said:

IDK..,

I think a lot of people watch because it is bound to be a joke.  Which makes Trump bragging about it pathetic.  He’s like the kid on the playground drawing a crowd because he’s about to eat a dog turd, “geez! Look how much people want to play with me!  I’m the most popular kid on the playground!”

I would bet nearly no one watches those pressers to see a Trump train wreck. It's a pretty serious topic to be taking that lightly. Besides, that's what late-night shows are for.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

They would have exactly the same ratings if any other person was up there.

I think they’d actually be higher. I stopped tuning in when they muzzled Dr. Fauci. I don’t want a KKKampaign rally, I want important information from credible experts. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Initial reports seemed to indicate that mortality was greatest at 65 & over. I think when we look back on this we're going to see that wasn't quite true, and led to a lot of false optimism from younger people.

All the data is still pointing to it being significantly more deadly for older population and people with pre existing conditions. That's not to say its not deadly for young people, we will see young people on vents and ultimately succumb to this - but it's happening at a much, much higher rate as age goes up. 

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Right but I think the point Red Denver is making is that the move to send equipment to China is actually good in and of itself, the mistake is in not replacing that equipment and producing even more. 

My original post on this is below.  When did I say it wasn’t good to help other countries?

I’m all for helping other countries, but take care of your own first.  This confirms the denial this administration had over a potential pandemic.  Cluelessness at its finest. 

Just now, ZRod said:

Sounds like a lot, but those masks which are barely going to cover a couple hospitals if they were used properly.

Multiply that by 22, per the article, and it'll make a dent.

And to be clear:

The U.S. government is paying for the flight. The distributor is paying for the product, which it will sell to buyers in the U.S. And the State Department is coordinating with countries like Vietnam, Malaysia and Cambodia to speed up diplomatic clearances.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

My original post on this is below.  When did I say it wasn’t good to help other countries?

I’m all for helping other countries, but take care of your own first.  This confirms the denial this administration had over a potential pandemic.  Cluelessness at its finest. 

You guys really need to quit trying to "win" this discussion. It's unwinnable. The issue is not Trump sending aid to China, to the detriment of our own country. If he doesn't send it, he is vilified for not taking preventive measures and for non-humanitarian behavior. If he does send it, then we've got what you're doing. The real and only issue pertaining to this is that we didn't ramp up production much sooner to replace that PPE. That's it. If you want to complain about that, fine. But please don't drag in the indefensible idea that it never should have been sent to start with.

• Plus1 3