The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

19 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It is just not possible! The Netherlands is perfection!  Everything about that country is perfect, everything they do is perfect, their healthcare system is perfect!

no wide spread testing probably skews the numbers a bit.   and it is a bold strategy to avoid social distancing there.   they are planning on getting it all done at once and have herd immunity after that.   with a younger population and excellent healthcare system...they are uniquely positioned to try that.  not sure it could work anywhere else...heck...not sure it will work well there.   guess we will see.

16 minutes ago, commando said:

no wide spread testing probably skews the numbers a bit.   and it is a bold strategy to avoid social distancing there.   they are planning on getting it all done at once and have herd immunity after that.   with a younger population and excellent healthcare system...they are uniquely positioned to try that.  not sure it could work anywhere else...heck...not sure it will work well there.   guess we will see.

I think as of right now it is pretty clear that it is not working.

I think they thought "Oh f#&%, our healthcare sort of sucks and this will be a huge drain on us and our already super taxed people...maybe they can just fix it themselves with this idea"

29 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Anyone else get the CDC/tax payer funded Trump campaign mailer this weekend?

I got it on Friday. I was wondering if it was only sent to swing States, but I guess everyone is getting it.

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

It is just not possible! The Netherlands is perfection!  Everything about that country is perfect, everything they do is perfect, their healthcare system is perfect!

It shows that a pandemic can overwhlem even a good healthcare system,and also that simply letting the virus run it's course and counting on herd immunity isn't looking like a good idea.

Just now, RedDenver said:

It shows that a pandemic can overwhlem even a good healthcare system,and also that simply letting the virus run it's course and counting on herd immunity isn't looking like a good idea.

Ha...yeah it seems like it was the worst idea!

I also think I am correct as to why they went that route.

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

I'm sure you do. You basing that on anything other than your own preconceived notions?

I am basing it on what I would do, correct.

Everyone thought it was not a young persons disease

Everyone knows you can build up an immunity to things over time

It is way more cost effective to have people fight it off on their own and not run to hospitals.