The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

5 minutes ago, sho said:

http://www.healthdata.org/research-article/forecasting-covid-19-impact-hospital-bed-days-icu-days-ventilator-days-and-deaths

Looks like Nebraska is in good shape!

Wonder if they would consider using med-evac transportation from hot spots to areas where the need isn't as great to help flatten the curve.

I'm hopeful about Nebraska.  But I'm not comfortable with the lack of testing in our state.  I think it is more widespread than people want to think.  There are many people on home quarantine as "presumed positives", these people are not counted in our numbers.  

My worry is that a false confidence could make things worse...

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I'm hopeful about Nebraska.  But I'm not comfortable with the lack of testing in our state.  I think it is more widespread than people want to think.  There are many people on home quarantine as "presumed positives", these people are not counted in our numbers.  

My worry is that a false confidence could make things worse...

My mom has symptoms that were getting worse today after a few days so she went in. The bloodwork is consistent with COVID and her tests for other diseases came back negative and she was sent home to quarantine without a test 

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

My mom has symptoms that were getting worse today after a few days so she went in. The bloodwork is consistent with COVID and her tests for other diseases came back negative and she was sent home to quarantine without a test 

Well wishes to her and your family.

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, sho said:

http://www.healthdata.org/research-article/forecasting-covid-19-impact-hospital-bed-days-icu-days-ventilator-days-and-deaths

Looks like Nebraska is in good shape!

Wonder if they would consider using med-evac transportation from hot spots to areas where the need isn't as great to help flatten the curve.

France is using a "sick train" to transport patients from the harder hit areas to the regions that haven't been hit yet.