The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

I just learned you can't post something that is political as your update status.  Okay.  First I've heard of that ... but I stay out the politics area as much as I can.  Thanks @Mavric for letting me know.  Always appreciate the work our Mods do.

Anyway, Rachel Maddow has been pretty vocal on her views.  Is this really "journalism" ... probably at Mizzou it is.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/cLJB0VoqVQY?version=3&rel=1&fs=1&autohide=2&showsearch=0&showinfo=1&iv_load_policy=1&wmode=transparent&fbclid=IwAR3IqnhTg8XH0j7uqlbX8Sbsoeq52iqhcrw3IWnBSqZiW_Nlc5ZZDxJ8d0E

I found it humorous to see both ships come into port over the past few days ... right on schedule.  I'm not gonna spend much time trying to redo the "status update" I did.  You can go watch the videos if you like.

Now, I'll wait to see this 2-3.5 million lives get snuffed out in America.  I'm sure the side that wants that to happen will be gloating in no time.  And when it doesn't happen ... I'm not expecting anything.  Just like when folks said we were gonna go 10-2 or 9-3 the past few years.  Ya, you will go find your rock.  It's okay ... the rest of us just wish you could be a part of humanity instead of trying to right in all things.

5 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Now, I'll wait to see this 2-3.5 million lives get snuffed out in America.  I'm sure the side that wants that to happen will be gloating in no time. 

No one wants that to happen and nobody will be gloating about it so we can just shut that narrative down right now 

• Plus1 7

2 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Anyway, Rachel Maddow has been pretty vocal on her views.  Is this really "journalism" ... probably at Mizzou it is.

It'd be more accurate to call it editorial journalism, hence the reason I spend very little time listening to those types of things.

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Well the leader of Belarus said that Vodka and saunas should kill the virus...so...

They don't need an excuse to drink more vodka. I was there in the fall and I never drink liquor straight because I'm a chicken (I don't even like beer) and I was basically forced to drink vodka straight on 3 different occasions.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Enhance said:

Pretty wild that some officials in Texas would use coronavirus as a path to preventing abortions.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-abortion/u-s-judge-stops-texas-from-curbing-abortions-during-coronavirus-crisis-idUSKBN21H3B1

Pregnant women should ask the government for an extra $500 to see how much Republican politicians actually believe that a fetus is a child.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Pregnant women should ask the government for an extra $500 to see how much Republican politicians actually believe that a fetus is a child.

You just may have found the solution for the abortion stalemate. :lol:

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

They don't need an excuse to drink more vodka. I was there in the fall and I never drink liquor straight because I'm a chicken (I don't even like beer) and I was basically forced to drink vodka straight on 3 different occasions.

That is sooooo accurate!  Some of those countries look at Vodka as a healthy drink of Potato Juice!