The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

3 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Wonder where they are classifying those cases...? Under the US in general...?

image.png.4336125081f7becadd694119718ba8f3.png

Good question though I have seen DoD make a statement that they would no longer be publishing military COVID case numbers in an attempt to shield themselves from appearing vulnerable

3 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Most of the enlisted still have their state as their residency and are allowed to vote in those primaries...thus I'd say that they count toward their state total if they are counted at all.

They won't be counted. The article @DevoHusker posted has the statement from the Pentagon. Military bases won't be reporting any COVID data. Maybe after it's all over they will

• Plus1 1

52 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

In case you needed more proof that Mitch McConnell is a bad-faith @ss goblin who primarily wants to score political points.

No one gets distracted by anything...I see posters post garbage like that here all the time too "Watch out, they are trying to distract you from the real issue"

No one gets distracted like that...the impeachment didn't distract them from anything either.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure where to dump this because I haven't ventured into the spirituality threads yet and I don't want to muck them up, but man, this is a pretty weird headline to come across during these tough times.

(As an aside, if you ask my girlfriend, there is no D-list celebrity who gets under my skin quite like the My Pillow guy. His commercial are super hokey, especially with his crucifix flopped awkwardly out of his button-up shirt.)

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

This is a serious concern.

This would be better if it we're normalized for total population so we could see how we are really trending compared to Italy and Spain. I think we're all a little suspicious of China's totals now.

*Edit*

I'm not sure if I did this right, but just quick math as of today per John Hopkins website:

Spain 204 cases per 100k

Italy 166 cases per 100k

Germany 97 cases per 100k

US  55 cases per 100k

South Korea about 17 per 100k

Seems way less alarmist, but still serious here at home.

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Only worried about the red states. Sheesh.

Well you know, Trump wanted the state of NY to play nice with him so he could be nice and give them the medical equipment they need. The dork acts like he's the great santa and that the govt is his business where he can pick and choose who wins based on how their state treats him.