The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

7 minutes ago, funhusker said:

There will be 50,000 deaths and Trump will claim absolute victory!

He's just setting the stage...

At this point I hope that's what happens because 50,000 deaths sounds wayyyyy better than 200,000 but I hate he'll be pounding his chest about it! There would've been even less deaths had he taken this seriously from the beginning. He's a moron.....

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, Redux said:

And there would've been WAY less deaths had China not covered this whole thing up.  But yes lets blame past administration for lack of equipment and current for....whatever the hell they do.  Spekaing of China:

https://www.usapoliticstoday.org/21-million-chinese-cellphone-users-disappear-three-months-pandemic/

I don't believe China only had the deaths they say they did.

But 21 million????  That mass grave would be about the size of the Grand Canyon...

I think we'll know a lot more in 2 weeks.  If the USA numbers flatten out with the measures we've taken, it would be totally rational to believe the numbers China put out as far as ratios....

1 minute ago, Redux said:

And there would've been WAY less deaths had China not covered this whole thing up.  But yes lets blame past administration for lack of equipment and current for....whatever the hell they do.  Spekaing of China:

https://www.usapoliticstoday.org/21-million-chinese-cellphone-users-disappear-three-months-pandemic/

If this is true, it makes more sense of the numbers we are seeing here and (some will hate this) it shows that there is no "cure" for stopping the spread unless you literally and totally lock everyone inside, zero contact, nothing open, no leaving your house at all...for probably a month.

My guess...China is clearly lying about the numbers and "fighting through it" by opening back up with the realization that they will lose lives but are probably hoping that they can find a cure and/or slow down drug while pretending like things are "okay"

f#&%ing bats!

Just now, funhusker said:

But 21 million????  That mass grave would be about the size of the Grand Canyon...

Just a guess...but cremation.  Again, if this is true.  

Also, it is china...so...who knows what they might be doing with bodies.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Just a guess...but cremation.  Again, if this is true.  

Also, it is china...so...who knows what they might be doing with bodies.

Even then, the amount of incinerators needed would be cause for alarm.

Someone posted earlier that morgues were stockpiling urns.  But even then, I think the projected total based on urns was like 100,000.  I can't remember for sure, but I'm confident it wasn't over 1,000,000.

16 minutes ago, Redux said:

We can't control what China does. People who blame anyone in the U.S. for the disease existing are stupid, but our leadership is a factor in how bad things can get. I'm fine with placing 50% of the blame for the mask shortage on Obama, but neither administration managed to replenish them. Trump's had 3 years and his administration was also warned that it was needed. So they are both to blame for seemingly not attempting to pass a law with funding for it or do an executive order (not sure if that would have worked for it as I don't really understand what can and cannot be done with an executive order).

12 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I didn't read the article, but I have to assume the implication is that they are silencing people so news of more deaths doesn't get out. I doubt anyone thinks that many people have died. I know 2 people in the U.S. from the Wuhan region (1 might just be in the neighboring region, can't remember)... I think they would've had friends or family members die by now if it was that bad.

Just now, Moiraine said:

We can't control what China does. People who blame anyone in the U.S. for the disease existing are stupid, but our leadership is a factor in how bad things can get. I'm fine with placing 50% of the blame for the mask shortage on Obama, but neither administration managed to replenish them. Trump's had 3 years and his administration was also warned that it was needed. So they are both to blame for seemingly not attempting to pass a law with funding for it or do an executive order (not sure if that would have worked for it as I don't really understand what can and cannot be done with an executive order).

I didn't read the article, but I have to assume the implication is that they are silencing people so news of more deaths doesn't get out. I doubt anyone thinks that many people have died.

There were many explanations given in the article.  The headline definitely makes it seem like they are claiming 21M lives, but the article does claim otherwise...