The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

If you're ok with 20 sailors dying and potentially enough ill that the ship is inoperable sure

evidently that is a risk as it stands currently, even WITH trying to distance everyone and get their skipper fired so....

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

He did not exercise poor judgment. He's a career officer, and he knew very well what that letter would do.

He understood the risk to his crew was greater than the risk to his career, and he chose to save his crew.

He's a hero.

Agreed.  He put his sailors before his career.

And the sailors responded when he walked off the ship:

https://www.towleroad.com/2020/04/sailors-cheer-ousted-navy-commander-as-he-departs-ship-captain-crozier-captain-crozier-watch/

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Can we just touch on this gem from Slumlord McFailson last night? It struck me is incredibly dimwitted at the time and Spanberger nailed it.

It's hard to pin down exactly what he thinks this stockpile is for. Maybe it's supposed to be used only for a national emergency that doesn't take place in any individual states?

Having this guy weaseling his way into the middle of a national pandemic crisis is going to cost American lives. Period.

• Plus1 2

Can anyone explain to me the payroll relief act- the 2.2 trillion $ that will be free to most business? I understand the details of who gets what, but not where the money is coming from. I googled it and I guess the money is generated  through the issuance of bonds as opposing to printing it but I am trying to understand the long term affects of this.   Something about a decrease investment in blue chip stocks will likely result. Don’t understand that at all 

layman explanation please. 

5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

That's why they need to get everyone off the ship immediately 

You and I disagree. That's okay. But I will repeat... this thing is not a mandatory death sentence, contrary to how a few folks choose to portray it.

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Can we just touch on this gem from Slumlord McFailson last night? It struck me is incredibly dimwitted at the time and Spanberger nailed it.

It's hard to pin down exactly what he thinks this stockpile is for. Maybe it's supposed to be used only for a national emergency that doesn't take place in any individual states?

Having this guy weaseling his way into the middle of a national pandemic crisis is going to cost American lives. Period.

it is the trump empires stockpile that they can auction off to the highest bidder of course.   

Just now, DevoHusker said:

You and I disagree. That's okay. But I will repeat... this thing is not a mandatory death sentence, contrary to how a few folks choose to portray it.

It is for some. Comments like this is why I know for a fact you don't take this seriously even though you try and pretend like you do. Awful take on the situation.

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

It is for some. Comments like this is why I know for a fact you don't take this seriously even though you try and pretend like you do. Awful take on the situation.

I clearly said "on a war ship" it is totally different than in St Paul NE...what part of that don't you get? So now, you would take these 2500 kids off the ship, 2500 kids who are in the group LEAST LIKELY to suffer serious ill effects or any effects AT ALL, and put them in a hospital setting to overload the local patients who currently need help, or overwhelm the medical staff, possibly infecting the local population...sounds great