The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

2 hours ago, commando said:

and 15% of bernie supporters are going to vote for trump if biden wins the primaries. 

12% did in 2016 and 20% of Hillary supporters voted for McCain over Obama in 2008. It's going to happen, the only question is how many.

32 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I understand, kind of, why in 2016 Sanders supporters voted for Trump:

1.  Hillary and Trump appeared to be equally terrible candidates

2. Trump was an outsider- a political novice - the hope was that he wasn't a part of the swamp Sanders was trying to upend.

However, in 2020 it is unforgivable.  Trump is now a fully known commodity politically for which there is no  justification for a non-GOPer to vote for the guy. 

Except for anti-establishment voters who lean left, they could very well vote Trump. Depends how much they value left policies and principles vs destroying the establishment.

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

12% did in 2016 and 20% of Hillary supporters voted for McCain over Obama in 2008. It's going to happen, the only question is how many.

Except for anti-establishment voters who lean left, they could very well vote Trump. Depends how much they value left policies and principles vs destroying the establishment.

if i am reading that right....there are people who think bernie would be better than trump at destroying our government?

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, North Carolina is really in a s#!tty situation and they don't know it.

So true

Stealing from an anonymous FB post

AMERICA: Oh my god! Coronavirus! What should we do?
CALIFORNIA: Shut down your state.
AMERICA: Wait... what? Why?
CALIFORNIA: Because 40 million people live here and we did it early, and it’s working.
OHIO: Whoa... whoa... let’s not be hasty now. The president said that this whole coronavirus thing is a democratic hoax.
CALIFORNIA: He also said that windmills cause cancer. Shut down your state.
TEXAS: But the president said that we only have 15 cases and soon it'll be zero.
CALIFORNIA: The president can’t count to fifteen. Nor even spell it. Shut down your state.
NEW JERSEY: Us too?
CALIFORNIA: Yes, you guys too. Just like when Christie shut down the bridge, but it’s your whole state.
FLORIDA: But what about all these kids here on spring break?? They spend a lot of money here!
CALIFORNIA: Those kids invented the tide pod challenge. Shut down your state.
LOUISIANA: But wait let’s have Mardi Gras first. It entertains people.
CALIFORNIA: It also kills them. Shut it down.
GEORGIA: Ok well how about we keep the state open for all of our mega churches? Maybe we can all pray really hard until the coronavirus just goes away!
CALIFORNIA: Which is working like a charm for mass shootings. Jesus told us to tell you to shut down your state.
OKLAHOMA: What about the tigers?
CALIFORNIA: What about a dentist. Shut it down.
WYOMING: Hold up, maybe we should go county by county like the president said.
CALIFORNIA: Stop acting like there are counties in Wyoming. There are no counties in Wyoming. Wyoming is a county. Shut it down.
PENNSYLVANIA: But big coal.
CALIFORNIA: But big death. Shut it.
WEST VIRGINIA: But we were the last state to get coronavirus!
CALIFORNIA: And don’t make us explain to you why that was. Shut it down.
NORTH CAROLINA: But the Republican national convention is coming here!
CALIFORNIA: SHU... ok fine, do what you want.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, commando said:

if i am reading that right....there are people who think bernie would be better than trump at destroying our government?

Anti-establishment is not the same as anti-government. For example, I'm anti-establishment because I think we need to fix systemic structural issues with our politics, policies, and economy. But I think some of those changes need to be more and/or better government not destroying the government.

34 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

But trump isn't destroying the establishment - he's not draining the swamp. He's only reinventing it. Regarding the Democratic establishment, the anti-establishment voters does themselves no favors by voting for the moron Trump. They only dig the hole deeper as the alt right gains more control. 

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

But trump isn't destroying the establishment - he's not draining the swamp. He's only reinventing it. Regarding the Democratic establishment, the anti-establishment voters does themselves no favors by voting for the moron Trump. They only did the hole deeper as the alt right gains more control. 

I agree.

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

The bold:  Is that a wish:B)

Of course not. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. It's just weird that this virus disproportionately affects people his age and he's been around people known to be infected. It's weird that he isn't.

UK's Plan B if 'Team Johnson' Is Incapacitated? Answer Is Unclear

LONDON — Britain's constitution offers no clear answer to the question now on many Britons' minds: what happens if Prime Minister Boris Johnson, undergoing tests in hospital after persistent symptoms of coronavirus, cannot continue to lead.

It's possible the Queen would appoint a new PM until an election can be held.

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Some say we shouldn't criticize Trump so much in this forum.

I say he's not being criticized enough. For example:

I'm so f#&%ing tired of seeing Republicans on social media all coming out with the..."Oh....we shouldn't be criticizing the President in this situation.  He has to be under tremendous pressure.  We should feel sorry for him".

Makes me want to puke.

• Plus1 4