The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Probably no surprise - but this won't be the last go around:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/08/coronavirus-when-normal-expert-health-care-172005

“I believe that we're going to return to a semi-normal life at the end of May — Memorial Day,” Dr. Orlowski said in an interview for a special coronavirus-focused episode of POLITICO’s Women Rule podcast. “But the other thing that I would say is that we have to prepare ourselves to go through a similar exercise in the fall, in the late fall. If you take a look at the 1918-1919 influenza pandemic, and if you take a look at how coronavirus is acting, this is not just the winter and spring of 2020. Probably late November, by December, we are going to go through this again.

The WH knew back in November and did nothing.  This is beyond criminal.

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/news/story/intelligence-report-warned-coronavirus-crisis-early-november-sources-70031273

As far back as late November, U.S. intelligence officials were warning that a contagion was sweeping through China’s Wuhan region, changing the patterns of life and business and posing a threat to the population, according to four sources briefed on the secret reporting.

Concerns about what is now known to be the novel coronavirus pandemic were detailed in a November intelligence report by the military's National Center for Medical Intelligence (NCMI), according to two officials familiar with the document’s contents.

The report was the result of analysis of wire and computer intercepts, coupled with satellite images. It raised alarms because an out-of-control disease would pose a serious threat to U.S. forces in Asia -- forces that depend on the NCMI’s work. And it paints a picture of an American government that could have ramped up mitigation and containment efforts far earlier to prepare for a crisis poised to come home.

"Analysts concluded it could be a cataclysmic event," one of the sources said of the NCMI’s report. "It was then briefed multiple times to" the Defense Intelligence Agency, the Pentagon’s Joint Staff and the White House.

From that warning in November, the sources described repeated briefings through December for policy-makers and decision-makers across the federal government as well as the National Security Council at the White House. All of that culminated with a detailed explanation of the problem that appeared in the President’s Daily Brief of intelligence matters in early January, the sources said. For something to have appeared in the PDB, it would have had to go through weeks of vetting and analysis, according to people who have worked on presidential briefings in both Republican and Democratic administrations.

"The timeline of the intel side of this may be further back than we’re discussing," the source said of preliminary reports from Wuhan. "But this was definitely being briefed beginning at the end of November as something the military needed to take a posture on."

• Thanks 2
56 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Now farmers have to wonder if they can get feed for the cows, pigs and chickens due to hoarding

https://www.msn.com/en-us/finance/news/farmers-are-panic-buying-to-keep-america-e2-80-99s-95-million-cows-fed/ar-BB12jy9v

Something definitely seems off on that.  It might be a factor in small parts of the country.  But, corn prices have dropped 66 cents in the last 3 months.  It's mainly (I believe) because of distribution disruptions to other countries.  If that's the case, there should be a large amount here for our farmers.

This sounds like a localized issue.  Unless, there is a problem getting some of the micro ingredients for rations.

52 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

The WH knew back in November and did nothing.  This is beyond criminal.

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/news/story/intelligence-report-warned-coronavirus-crisis-early-november-sources-70031273

But...hey....didn't you hear?  The WHO dropped the ball.

16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But...hey....didn't you hear?  The WHO dropped the ball.

Yea, I know - trump never does anything wrong.  I'm getting so sick of his dodging responsibility, blaming others for his incompetence. 

giphy.gif

77b5524e7fdb180a09016cbcc70769f3.jpg

26 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Trump's Covid-19 bump continues to wear off.

I sit here constantly thinking it's an F-.  Then...every stinking time I think I want to move it up to a D, he opens his friggen mouth at a press conference and I lose all hope in his ability to do anything.

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I sit here constantly thinking it's an F-.  Then...every stinking time I think I want to move it up to a D, he opens his friggen mouth at a press conference and I lose all hope in his ability to do anything.

I'm with you, brother. The longer this drags on I think the more people's eyes will be opened to his incompetence. Initially I think he got pretty good marks from a lot of people who didn't really grasp what was going on and fell for his lies.

Also I'm pretty sure he might be playing politics with how medical equipment is being distributed. It's been pretty well demonstrated a lot of blue states aren't getting requested equipment; meanwhile Trump ally in Florida has gotten several huge shipments promptly.

• Thanks 1

The Trump administration was told about this virus IN NOVEMBER. And did nothing.

Intelligence report warned of coronavirus crisis as early as November: Sources

As far back as late November, U.S. intelligence officials were warning that a contagion was sweeping through China’s Wuhan region, changing the patterns of life and business and posing a threat to the population, according to four sources briefed on the secret reporting.

Concerns about what is now known to be the novel coronavirus pandemic were detailed in a November intelligence report by the military's National Center for Medical Intelligence (NCMI), according to two officials familiar with the document’s contents.

The report was the result of analysis of wire and computer intercepts, coupled with satellite images. It raised alarms because an out-of-control disease would pose a serious threat to U.S. forces in Asia -- forces that depend on the NCMI’s work. And it paints a picture of an American government that could have ramped up mitigation and containment efforts far earlier to prepare for a crisis poised to come home.

"Analysts concluded it could be a cataclysmic event," one of the sources said of the NCMI’s report. "It was then briefed multiple times to" the Defense Intelligence Agency, the Pentagon’s Joint Staff and the White House.

Imagine where we'd be with supplies, testing, isolation and containment if we'd have started working on this three months before Trump finally got off his a$$ and did something. 

We'd be South Korea.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You bastard. You made me actually go to twitter and search Clinton. That brought up a whole realm of tweets of conspiracy radical weirdos that made me fear the future of the world even more. 

I may now become a prepper.  

Ha!

I am building a shelter as we speak!