The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

33 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

That is an unbelievably sad statistic.  I had no idea that was the case. We hear of the mass shootings but all of the other ones, not so much.  

Makes me wonder if the home schooling concept will grow by leaps and bounds because of C-19.

While all school shootings are a tragedy, Mr Klemko's post is misleading at best. Some statistics infer that a "school shooting" took place if the incident was on or near a school, even if it was at midnight, when the school was closed, and did not involve anyone even remotely related to the school...

Here's another list that indicates there were no school shootings in March in the following years:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Makes me wonder if the home schooling concept will grow by leaps and bounds because of C-19.

I wouldn't be surprised, though I think it's a challenging thing for many families to pull off still. One of my employees home schools his kids; his wife does all the instruction. They really like it overall but readily admits the challenges associated with being a single income family. I believe he said his children will start public school in high school, though.

18 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Do you trust trump's 'instincts' as to when the economy should be reopened. :dunno........

I don't either.  

Remember this is the same guy who has all of his smart intelligence guys, intelligent military guys and yet he is smarter than them all.  Obviously he didn't listen to the warnings in January because he knew better. Now we are to trust him to rely on his instincts. Translation: if his reelection and his business affairs are suffering, then his instincts will tell him to reopen the economy - regardless of what the smart guys in the room say. 

https://www.vox.com/2020/4/12/21218336/coronavirus-trump-economy-reopen-social-distancing-end-soon

I don't know why, but whenever I think about Trump "Reopening" the economy, I get a Michael Scott bankruptcy declaration vibe. Like He's just going to come on TV one day and announce we are back open. Like "There, I said it so now it's back on".

JZw.gif

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Enhance said:

I wouldn't be surprised, though I think it's a challenging thing for many families to pull off still. One of my employees home schools his kids; his wife does all the instruction. They really like it overall but readily admits the challenges associated with being a single income family. I believe he said his children will start public school in high school, though.

Yes, we considered it when our kids were young.  It is a lot of work but we know several families who have negotiated it successfully.

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

I did read that Homeschooled shootings are up 500%...but it is the parent shooting the kid.*

*No lin, this was a joke.  

A kid that lived a block away from me shot and killed his mom 25 years ago.  One of the reasons he did it was because he was home schooled and his parents wouldn't allow him to attend a public high school.

https://apnews.com/7a867045be6e4008971536fa30896ac5

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What an absolute piece of crap.

Wow...wow....wow.....If there isn't an argument for Amendment 25 with this....there will never be one.

the entire republican portion of the senate is just as crazy as trump so........

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

What a pathetic looser. Then I read this and laughed out loud:

The inadvertently revealing timeline was not the only flaw with the propaganda video produced by Scavino, Trump’s former caddie.

HIRE ONLY THE BEST! INDEED.  Nothing wrong wt being a caddie, but how does one go from that to Trump's propaganda film artist??

He proves the old adage:  "The trap we set for others (out of bitterness or resentment) we fall in our selves" 

• Plus1 1