The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The Democrats are going to have to do a tremendous job of messaging this to the masses constantly till November.

I hope they are successful, but...not real confident.

I think those Lincoln Project ads do a good job - the Dems need that kind of creativity in their campaign and just keep beating the same drum beat. When trump blames and deflects - then use his own words against him.   And then show him to be the fool that he is - MR "can we ingest bleach to kill the virus" Man. 

57 minutes ago, NUance said:

Gee whiz.  Thanks for using small words so the humble rabble like myself can feebly attempt to understand the wisdom of your superior intellect.  

You're welcome.

You were presented with facts in your status update and your takeaway was "In the mean time there are probably some instance of under-reporting, and certainly a lot of instance of over-reporting (since we have a gov't incentive to over-report)".  So yes, it did need to be reiterated to you that there is no "gov't incentive to over-report".

• Plus1 2
35 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

97191208_10158191098364137_2496327553275

I am 100% sure I would die if I went into a fire like this. There is a low probability I would die if I went into work and contracted covid-19. Sometimes I don't understand people on either side of the whole covid-19 "arguments". I am starting to think individuals post stuff like this just to piss people off. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jaws said:

I am 100% sure I would die if I went into a fire like this. There is a low probability I would die if I went into work and contracted covid-19. Sometimes I don't understand people on either side of the whole covid-19 "arguments". I am starting to think individuals post stuff like this just to piss people off. 

It's not meant to symbolize the situation perfectly in every way.

This may have been posted previously  - but I wonder what the true story.  We know that cases have been under reported nation wide - and one does not need to imagine why Trump doesn't want information out on what is going on inside the White House.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

This may have been posted previously  - but I wonder what the true story.  We know that cases have been under reported nation wide - and one does not need to imagine why Trump doesn't want information out on what is going on inside the White House.

If it's as contagious as they say it is, it makes sense that they've passed it around to each other. It's not a huge building and a ton of people work there.

It'd be a miracle if Trump hasn't gotten it. 

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If it's as contagious as they say it is, it makes sense that they've passed it around to each other. It's not a huge building and a ton of people work there.

I agree.  And we got this as well.   Trump is too proud to wear a mask. It may be his down fall. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/white-house-directs-officials-to-wear-masks-at-all-times-inside-white-house-source-11589224333

WASHINGTON—The White House directed officials to wear masks at all times inside the building except when sitting at their own desks, administration officials said Monday, but they said President Trump and Vice President Mike Pence aren’t expected to start doing so.

The order to wear masks in the West Wing marks a sharp turn for White House officials who have largely resisted doing so in both public and private as the pandemic unfolded.

Mr. Trump has said he is reluctant to wear one, telling reporters in April: “I think wearing a face mask as I greet presidents, prime ministers, dictators, kings, queens, I don’t know—somehow, I don’t see it for myself. I just don’t.” Mr. Pence recently drew criticism for not wearing a mask during a visit to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., which asked visitors to wear face coverings.

and this

https://news.yahoo.com/pence-keep-distance-trump-white-house-194502367.html

Washington (AFP) - US Vice President Mike Pence, whose press secretary tested positive for coronavirus, has decided to "keep his distance" from President Donald Trump for a few days, the White House said Tuesday.

Katie Miller, Pence's press secretary, tested positive for the virus last week along with a personal valet to Trump.

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said Pence, who heads the White House coronavirus task force, "has made the choice to keep his distance for a few days" from the president.

"I would just note that that's his personal decision to make that," McEnany said. "As to how many days he does that, that's a decision for the vice president."

1 hour ago, jaws said:

That's reassuring for your family, I'm sure.  But that just means these measures aren't meant to protect you then.  You could still carry the virus (and most likely live) but give it to a couple people (who also will most likely live) then they give it to 20 more (they'll most likely live). But one of those people might work in a retirement home, the 5 people they give it to have a far less chance to live.

I wish our leaders would do a better job of explaining things.  We aren't staying at home to keep everyone alive.  We aren't wearing masks to prevent ourselves from becoming sick.  People tend to get pissed off because they don't understand the reasoning, and I don't really blame them.  They goal is to "minimize" spread so hospitals don't get overwhelmed and as few of the at risk population die as possible.  The masks are meant to be a barrier between "your" potential germs and other healthy people.  I laugh at the people who think wearing a mask is an attack on their freedom, but they still cover their mouth when they sneeze...

• Plus1 2
23 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I've thought for a long time that there is no way Trump is going to be honest about getting tested positive.  I've even thought he's probably lying about being tested.