The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Exact Causes of death are frequently ambiguous especially if a post-mortem isn’t done.  And I would imagine it generally isn’t done in high risk Covid related deaths.  Ultimately the cause should only be determined by the attending physician and not administrators.  Although I’m sure encouragement from up top occurs in some places.  

I’ve never heard of extra payment to a hospital solely depending on the cause of death. I do not, however work in the financial or utilization review departments. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

Many of my friends and relatives didn’t trip, they went out of their way to dig a tunnel under that bar...

”my 2nd grade understanding of Christian theology trumps a doctors advice on health matters!”...

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, funhusker said:

Many of my friends and relatives didn’t trip, they went out of their way to dig a tunnel under that bar...

”my 2nd grade understanding of Christian theology trumps a doctors advice on health matters!”...

The anti Fauci stuff blows my mind. He’s literally a top public health expert, giving his opinion on a novel virus. People are acting like he’s out to get them.

• Plus1 2
27 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

The anti Fauci stuff blows my mind. He’s literally a top public health expert, giving his opinion on a novel virus. People are acting like he’s out to get them.

It blows my mind also.  There are conspiracy theories floating around the interwebs that he invested in some vaccine or treatment for this virus over a year ago and so he's promoting fear so he can become rich.  

There are some very sick people in this world.

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

How is money affecting the reporting?

If the government pays a stipend to hospitals for Covid deaths, then hospitals will liberally report Covid deaths.  

You realize that's pretty much how all people and organizations operate, right?  If something is incentivized, it will tend to increase.  

31 minutes ago, NUance said:

If the government pays a stipend to hospitals for Covid deaths, then hospitals will liberally report Covid deaths. 

In casually reading this thread, it seems that you keep repeating this, even though multiple posters have shown it to not be true. What gives?

• Plus1 2
48 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It blows my mind also.  There are conspiracy theories floating around the interwebs that he invested in some vaccine or treatment for this virus over a year ago and so he's promoting fear so he can become rich.  

There are some very sick people in this world.

Rumor has it Anthony Fauci and Bill Gates are planning a double top secret meeting next week in their hidden lair to invent the next super bug - code name DOT MATRIX.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ulty said:

In casually reading this thread, it seems that you keep repeating this, even though multiple posters have shown it to not be true. What gives?

I was responding to a poster who asked a question.  

This line of conversation came from a status in which I pointed out that a 50-something year old woman in my town was on hospice care, dying from cancer.  She had a heart attack at home and was resuscitated.  They took her to the hospital where she died.  The hospital reported it as a Covid-19 death. 

Is this a case of over-reporting?   

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

This conspiracy theory you're posts are peddling...are from a Fox video...and it's Laura Ingraham (yep, Ingraham...which pretty much should tell you everything you need to know to know it's full of BS):

I'm not sure that is a website or a video you want to hang your hat on...unless it's a tin foil hat that is.  Do research folks...it took me 10 minutes to find all this.  Don't believe anything you see in a Facebook feed or read on the internet...DO RESEARCH.  STOP peddling conspiracy theories...it is a disservice to everyone.

I've not seen that Fox New video.  And I haven't watched even one minute of Fox News in over two years.  But nice try.  

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Where are you seeing this?

I asked whether hospitals were receiving a payment for reporting Covid-19 deaths in a status.  I asked this because of the sketchy circumstances surrounding the sole Covid-19 death in the town where I live.  I was told hospitals do receive a payment.  

3 minutes ago, NUance said:

I asked whether hospitals were receiving a payment for reporting Covid-19 deaths in a status.  I asked this because of the sketchy circumstances surrounding the sole Covid-19 death in the town where I live.  I was told hospitals do receive a payment.  

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/finance/14-health-systems-receiving-biggest-cares-act-payments.html