The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

5 minutes ago, NUance said:

I asked whether hospitals were receiving a payment for reporting Covid-19 deaths in a status.  I asked this because of the sketchy circumstances surrounding the sole Covid-19 death in the town where I live.  I was told hospitals do receive a payment.  

Do you know what the hospitals would receive in payment if the deaths were marked as something other than covid?

1 hour ago, NUance said:

I asked whether hospitals were receiving a payment for reporting Covid-19 deaths in a status.  I asked this because of the sketchy circumstances surrounding the sole Covid-19 death in the town where I live.  I was told hospitals do receive a payment.  

Nuance, money for deaths is a fallacy, as has been pointed out to you many times. First the hospital will only see money from the government if the patient was on Medicare (unless there is something I'm missing in the CARES Act). Second they only get money for the treatment that the patients received, exactly the same as your insurance paying the hospital for your care. Finally they do not get any money because someone died of COVID per my second point.

Please read this article, especially the last two paragraphs.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3000638001

36 minutes ago, NUance said:

By whom? Because you were also told the opposite multiple times with sources to verify 

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

By whom? Because you were also told the opposite multiple times with sources to verify 

C N Red and RedSavage.

It was refuted by Jaws, Red Five, commando, ZRod and methodical.

There were 24 replies to that status (not counting NUance's). Nine were just discussing it, four responses from the two individuals above said they'd heard about this, and the other eleven from the second group refuted it.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

C N Red and RedSavage.

It was refuted by Jaws, Red Five, commando, ZRod and methodical.

There were 24 replies to that status (not counting NUance's). Nine were just discussing it, four responses from the two individuals above said they'd heard about this, and the other eleven from the second group refuted it.

Missed that, thanks for the update. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/05/12/nebraska-coronavirus-case-numbers-meatpacking/

Around the United States, meatpacking plants have been associated with some of the worst outbreaks of the pandemic: Of the 30 counties in the United States with the highest per capita prevalence of the coronavirus last week, 10 are home to major meatpacking plants.

Of those 30 counties, four are in Nebraska.

“We do have aggregate data that we are tracking at the state, but that’s the only way we’re going to present it — as the aggregate,” Ricketts said. “We have had people who are not telling the truth with regard to their place of employment.”

Sure thing Pete. I lie about where I work all the time...because, reasons.

• Plus1 4
9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Damnit, Obama! How could you do this to us?!!?!?!

There will never be anything close to an adequate federal response to this while Trump is in charge. Whoever sucks up the most to him will get a little assistance here and there, then he’ll blame China and Obama, and his poorly educated followers will continue to think it’s not his fault and the media is mean to him.

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Did you read this article?  It has nothing to do with hospitals getting money for COVID patients/deaths.  This is about hospitals taking money from the CARES Act for lost revenue from people being homebound, just like all businesses were able to do.

and I say again...from the first sentence of the link:

Hospitals across the U.S. received their first payments in April from the $175 billion in relief aid Congress allocated to cover expenses or lost revenues tied to the COVID-19 pandemic.

• Thanks 1

So....would like your input on something.

We have implemented the procedure of every employee has their temperature taken when they show up for work. I finally got the thermometers that I ordered about a month ago.

So....it started on Monday.  Today, we have an employee who says that "if you try taking my temperature again tomorrow, I'm going home."

So....what do you do as an employer?

11 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

and I say again...from the first sentence of the link:

Hospitals across the U.S. received their first payments in April from the $175 billion in relief aid Congress allocated to cover expenses or lost revenues tied to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Read what you copied/pasted.  This has nothing to do with them seeing COVID patients.  They got payments for lost revenue due to people not going to doctors due to many/most states completely banning elective procedures in April.  Also the payments were supposed to help cover expenses for them to buy additional PPE and train their workforce for the COVID environment.

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....would like your input on something.

We have implemented the procedure of every employee has their temperature taken when they show up for work. I finally got the thermometers that I ordered about a month ago.

So....it started on Monday.  Today, we have an employee who says that "if you try taking my temperature again tomorrow, I'm going home."

So....what do you do as an employer?

Why the hell is someone opposed to their temp being taken????