The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

that is strange.  You aren't hallucinating.  It won't let me edit it off either??

Haha! If you click the button, the text of the post disappears with only the two buttons remaining, but now they are "< Previous Post"

3 hours ago, ZRod said:

It's way more than just graphing software; it's data analysis and manipulation.  They work with the DOD, CIA, etc. It's a very powerful software for data analysis. It literally pulls from all of our companies systems and compiles it so you can create whatever you need to with it. I can find A TON of info with just a single search criteria.

I understand why it's setup that way, but it's kind of annoying especially if you've only ever used excel. It doesn't necessarily know what order you going to want that information in, so it just defaults to an A-Z or 1-9 type sort.

Interesting. Sometimes I get frustrated with excel because I can’t manipulate it enough. 

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

So Trump's vaccine czar, comes from the company which is in the process of creating the vaccine. So any positive news he or Trump proclaims ends up enriching the guy immensely.    Nice to have friends in high places. 

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-moderna-vaccine-trump-slaoui-moncef-elizabeth-warren-20200518-aua4tkcy4vexlcl4fgppqhyfeu-story.html

I just hope we're allowed to use an alternative vaccine in the U.S. because there's no way I'm trusting what they create.

36 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I don't think this is anything we didn't know. n95's are going to provide the most protection, then surgical masks, then cloth coverings. But even cloth coverings are going to be up to 40% effective against droplets the particle size of Covid. Even with 40% effectiveness we are in a much better place than 0%. Would you rather have a 40% protection from being murdered or 0 protection. Mask wearing is a no brainer. Will it help? It could. Will it hurt? absolutely not.

• Plus1 1