The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

I knew it, I knew it.  I knew Trump had to have a financial interest in the drug. He was pushing it like candy at a birthday party.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-taking-hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus-vaccine-medicine-a9521151.html

The president said he is taking the drug because "I've gotten a lot of calls" from medical professionals praising it. His revelation comes several weeks after the New York Times reported the Trump family has a financial tie to the parent company of the firm that makes hydroxychloroquine.

What a idiot we have as a president.  :facepalm:  His family investment in the drug will fall pretty quick if he dies from it.    OR HE IS LYING ABOUT TAKING IT  IN A EFFORT TO DRIVE UP SALES AND THE VALUE OF HIS INVESTMENT      WHAT IS MORE LIKELY???

Donald Trump revealed Monday he is taking hydroxychloroquine, a malaria drug he has pushed for weeks as a treatment for coronavirus -- even though he has tested negative and federal health agencies have warned of serious negative side effects

"I take it," he told reporters. "All I can tell you is, so far, I feel okay."

The president said he has taken only an initial dose. "It seems to have an impact," he said. "Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. ... You're not going to get sick and die."

Mr Trump said he has taken the drug for "about a week and a half now," adding: "I take a pill everyday" and has had "zero symptoms."

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, commando said:

i wonder if trump will notice that pompeo slammed this administration with that tweet?

Pompeo has to know right? We lead the world in Covid Deaths. Poor handling, check. He asked for an inspector general investigating him to be fired within the past week. Authoritarian regime, check. I had to check to see if it was a parody account. 

Trump is not taking hydroxychloroquine. 

He's lying. He might have lied in order to promote hydroxychloroquine without taking the actual risk. He might have come up with the lie in the moment, without warning anyone on his team. But he's a pathological liar, and this is exactly the kind of lie he would tell. 

• Plus1 3