The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

13 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Trump is not taking hydroxychloroquine. 

He's lying. He might have lied in order to promote hydroxychloroquine without taking the actual risk. He might have come up with the lie in the moment, without warning anyone on his team. But he's a pathological liar, and this is exactly the kind of lie he would tell. 

Exactly!!!

Quesiton.  WHY would he be taking it?  He's promoting it as a CURE, Not as a VACCINE.  So, does he have COVID?

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Exactly!!!

Quesiton.  WHY would he be taking it?  He's promoting it as a CURE, Not as a VACCINE.  So, does he have COVID?

He's 'taking it' (which I don't believe) because he is promoting it since his family has a financial stake in it per the NYT investigation I noted in my post above.  He's willing to put American's at risk for his own financial gain.  He sees the federal govt as nothing but a tool he can use to enrich himself, his business, and his family. 

• Plus1 2

So, I'm flying for the first time in about 2 1/2 months.  I couldn't put this trip off any longer.  

So, interestingly, first flight was about 1/2 full, everyone spread out.  Second one pretty much full.  Everyone wearing masks all the time on planes.

My layover was at O'Hare.  Much busier than I expected.  Everyone wearing masks all the time except if they were trying to quickly eat something...etc.  BUT...of course.  Here comes Mr. MAGA hat dude...PROUDLY wearing his MAGA hat.  Wearing his face mask JUST over his nose like an idiot while talking on the phone.

My God...these people are stupid.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

He's 'taking it' (which I don't believe) because he is promoting it since his family has a financial stake in it per the NYT investigation I noted in my post above.  He's willing to put American's at risk for his own financial gain.  He sees the federal govt as nothing but a tool he can use to enrich himself, his business, and his family. 

Yes...I know.

My question was more of....what myth is he trying to promote as the reason he is taking it.  He says it's a cure.  Then, he says HE'S taking it.  So....Mr. Trump, WHY are you taking it?  Do you have COVID?

Answer....he's an idiot trying to profit off of this.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Yes...I know.

My question was more of....what myth is he trying to promote as the reason he is taking it.  He says it's a cure.  Then, he says HE'S taking it.  So....Mr. Trump, WHY are you taking it?  Do you have COVID?

Answer....he's an idiot trying to profit off of this.

agree. I figure you are on the same line of thought -  

Have a safe trip by the way

• Plus1 2

32 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I assume the vast majority of doctors are against this, and I realize I just posted a meme mentioning them, but doctors aren't epidemiologists. Those are the people whose advice matters the most right now. But people are stupid so they will listen to the one doctor who will tell them what they want to hear.

22 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I wondered where people that attend Trump rallies ended up. Found them.

1) I can't believe he thought this would make it past his producers

2) I can't believe his producers let this past

3) I can't tell what's worse - the story (which is awful) or his forced reporter force

‘I woke up in a free country’ — Costco shopper gets bounced from store after refusing to wear a mask

Apparently, the shopper was going for a much different reaction when he initially posted the clip. He later explained his position in message posted by TMZ.

“I got every f---ing right to not wear a mask,” he said. “This isn’t about wearing a mask, it’s about control. I’m not the f---ing sheep... I was one of the only people in that store not wearing a mask.”