The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

58 minutes ago, GSG said:

Apparently, the shopper was going for a much different reaction when he initially posted the clip. He later explained his position in message posted by TMZ.

“I got every f---ing right to not wear a mask,” he said. “This isn’t about wearing a mask, it’s about control. I’m not the f---ing sheep... I was one of the only people in that store not wearing a mask.”

That last piece belies this rube's inability to do any introspection or self-reflection. Do you think he ever thought about WHY he was one of the only people not wearing a mask?

Tom Nichols has been hammering on these people during the pandemic, rightfully so. They have a very infantile understanding of authority and social norms and behave accordingly. He doesn't care about why people wear masks; he's only concerned that some higher authority is asking him to do so and he's rebelling against them. It's not about why it's good for him or others to wear a mask, it's all about him and his oppositional defiance (also a childhood disorder) rebelling to express his individuality.

Go not wear a mask on public property, f#&%wit. Private orgs have rules and can respond when you don't follow them. What a clown.

• Plus1 3

6 hours ago, knapplc said:

They want to reopen so bad that they're willing to lie to the public.

This is not how democracy works.

I read the article and it sounds like they’re not distinguishing between viral presence and antibody presence testing results. I didn’t see where it was specifically stated how the results were augmented together. Is the claim that they are using both types of tests to inflate the testing capacity numbers?  Are they counting the presence of antibodies as a positive for COVID?  Either way it’s poor data management. 

14 hours ago, schriznoeder said:
The most promising vaccine has already been preordered for all of us. I gotta say, that's remarkably proactive.

I mean Trump was trying to buy the vaccine research for the US and the US alone so does this come as a surprise? If we can just throw money at it then we are fine, we are great at that. Things that take actual planning and leadership is where issues arise 

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

I mean Trump was trying to buy the vaccine research for the US and the US alone so does this come as a surprise? If we can just throw money at it then we are fine, we are great at that. Things that take actual planning and leadership is where issues arise 

I actually was surprised. The majority of Trump's promises are worthless, so to see one actually start to come to fruition is a bit shocking.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, schriznoeder said:

I actually was surprised. The majority of Trump's promises are worthless, so to see one actually start to come to fruition is a bit shocking.

Buying the potential vaccine is one thing, getting it out to everyone is another. I wonder if it will be free/at cost(4$ is affordable enough). 

• Plus1 1