The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Just now, commando said:

some of them probably were....but many were probably wearing them for covid.

I am gonna guess that any of them that were smashing windows, stealing and hurting people were not thinking "s#!t, I better make sure my mask is on, I don't want to hurt anyone by spreading germs"

I will go ahead and concede that the others, the actual peaceful protesters, that they were wearing masks because they were following rules.

26 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I am gonna guess that any of them that were smashing windows, stealing and hurting people were not thinking "s#!t, I better make sure my mask is on, I don't want to hurt anyone by spreading germs"

I will go ahead and concede that the others, the actual peaceful protesters, that they were wearing masks because they were following rules.

I watched video of a dude spraypainting the columns of a building downtown while not wearing a mask and then look straight at the camera. So there’s also that special group of people who are just dumb. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I know it's already happening a little.

But it's gonna be weird when we have an outbreak and the people who were saying Covid wasn't a big deal blame it all on protesters and on nothing else, even though they would've been fine with people going to sold out sports events and concerts.

• Plus1 1

Has anyone seen anything linking beach openings or park openings or golf course openings with greater rates of infection? That started, what?  A month ago?  And there was quite a bit of uproar over it, but I'm not sure if there's been a direct correlation between those events and infection rates.

The last few weekends my friends have been getting together at a local park on the weekends. We bring our lawn chairs and hang out with our coffee and catch up. It's been great, and I don't feel the least bit guilty about it.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, knapplc said:

Has anyone seen anything linking beach openings or park openings or golf course openings with greater rates of infection? That started, what?  A month ago?  And there was quite a bit of uproar over it, but I'm not sure if there's been a direct correlation between those events and infection rates.

The last few weekends my friends have been getting together at a local park on the weekends. We bring our lawn chairs and hang out with our coffee and catch up. It's been great, and I don't feel the least bit guilty about it.

I'm very curious about this.  I keep seeing/hearing comments that infection rates are going up, but if you look at Worldometer, it's been going steadily down.  The deaths have dropped off to almost 50% of what they were.

My wife and I just talked about this at noon.  We feel we will start living our lives fairly normally, but we still don't have any desire to go some place with big crowds.  Last night we were at some friends house having a few beers....but, we don't have a desire to go to a big concert or Husker football game type of event right now.

Golf league is starting tonight.  There are a few restrictions put in place, but others they said they were going to do have been eliminated.  I'm fine. 

I guess I have the feeling that so many people are saying "f#&% it" and forgetting everything, that it's sort of put up or shut up time.  It's either going to fade off like some people think, or it's going to come back and slap us in the face really hard.  I hope it fades, but then, I guess we will know.