The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

11 minutes ago, Toe said:

What I find the most strange about the mask thing is it's not typically douchebags who don't want to wear the mask. It's people who, for the most part, think they're really good people. Their friends would probably describe them as good, generous, "shirt off their back" kind of people.

I think the mask issue is one of the best examples of how good people can be messed up by bad messaging.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

What I find the most strange about the mask thing is it's not typically douchebags who don't want to wear the mask. It's people who, for the most part, think they're really good people. Their friends would probably describe them as good, generous, "shirt off their back" kind of people.

I think the mask issue is one of the best examples of how good people can be messed up by bad messaging.

And, you've described most Trump supporters that I know. 

1 hour ago, QMany said:

This looks like a pretty reasonable triage (yes it's sad we have to start to think about this in some states). This guide will take patients that likely won't make it out of the ICU, and patients that even if cured of COVID, will die from another underlying condition within a year. Don't get me wrong, everyone should be entitled to the level of care they desire, but having worked in ICUs, there are far too many people who we use extreme levels of care on - and it's painfully obvious to the caregivers that the patient quality of life is terrible - and the patient likely won't make it out of the hospital, let alone the ICU. 

• Thanks 1