The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

3 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

I think you use more flexible approaches for special circumstances with those such as the immunocompromised.  I imagine their parents are used to it to some degree anyways (not that that's a good thing).  Completely spitballing but maybe you try to keep them all in a more sterile and sanitized classroom together?  Idk but I definitely agree that the logistics are a nightmare and I definitely wouldn't want to be making those decisions.  I also think that our country's students educations will really suffer if they're outside of the classroom that much.  

We have like 150 students in the building right now, between summer school and conditioning.  We have blocked off some restrooms and the ones that are open, are cleaned and sterilized every 60 minutes.

21 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Does he have a fair point or not. I couldn't tell from all the snark.

He is the most evil one can be on an evil scale from one to two bazillion with a control point at .0003

Also he is an Ohio State fan and if you yell O-H he will seriously yell back I-O.

So you do the math.

40 minutes ago, knapplc said:

He is the most evil one can be on an evil scale from one to two bazillion with a control point at .0003

Also he is an Ohio State fan and if you yell O-H he will seriously yell back I-O.

So you do the math.

Google translate says the above means "yes" in Pineapple. :P

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Betsy DeVos is just the worst.

Has she ever even pretended to care about the well-being of students or educators? Or has it just been an unfettered push for more charter schools and dismantling Title IX protections for sexual assault victims?

I absolutely agree. DeVos is among the most vile, reprehensible, and unqualified folks that Trump has appointed (among many who also fit that description). I work with Title IX issues, and the new regulations she recently shat out are a steaming pile of crap.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
33 minutes ago, Ulty said:

I absolutely agree. DeVos is among the most vile, reprehensible, and unqualified folks that Trump has appointed (among many who also fit that description). I work with Title IX issues, and the new regulations she recently shat out are a steaming pile of crap.

Reading the Title 9 stuff must be like reading tax laws.  I don't know how you do it.  It is like a million things lumped into one "title".

I've been watching a lot of different workout videos on YouTube ever since the shutdown. I watched one this morning where EVERYONE in the gym has a mask on during their entire workout. If these people can wear a mask while working out, anyone can wear one for 20-30 minutes walking around Costco or walking to their table at the restaurant. Literally no excuses

• Plus1 4
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Reading the Title 9 stuff must be like reading tax laws.  I don't know how you do it.  It is like a million things lumped into one "title".

You have to be good at filtering through tables of contents, using appropriate keyword searches, and ignoring double negatives. Hell, the new regs were over a thousand pages of "preamble" followed by about 30 pages of the actual rules. The preamble was 1000 pages of discussion to try to justify their bull$h!t.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, GSG said:

I thought this was pretty good segment. Nobody seems to give a s#!t if the teachers get sick

I don't know how it is everywhere but my administration is super concerned about us.  There will even be a few teachers that stay home and teach through zoom and other teachers in the building will sit in the classroom to manage things.  

But, it does seem like the teachers are a bit of an afterthought in all of this.  A lot of your K-5 teachers are older females, and trying to control those young kids from touching each other and breathing on each other and keeping masks on is really an issue for them since they are (probably) at a higher risk.  

They are giving us masks and face shields (if we want that as well) and they have asked us if we are concerned about coming back to school or not.

• Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, teachercd said:

But, it does seem like the teachers are a bit of an afterthought in all of this.  A lot of your K-5 teachers are older females, and trying to control those young kids from touching each other and breathing on each other and keeping masks on is really an issue for them since they are (probably) at a higher risk.  

Elementary teachers get sick all the time and are constantly exposed to disease as it is: colds, flu, lice, god knows what else. Little children are filthy. Now they are going to be spreading Covid all over the place like glitter. 

• Haha 2
16 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Elementary teachers get sick all the time and are constantly exposed to disease as it is: colds, flu, lice, god knows what else. Little children are filthy. Now they are going to be spreading Covid all over the place like glitter. 

Dude, you should see the walls in the hallways by the kindergarten rooms...they are soooooooo filthy!  

• Fire 1