The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

The daily death rate, which had been falling for months, has started going back up in the last week:

US-deaths_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqDAoCN0zt2fIW

The graph came from this site: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Looks like there were up ticks in April, May, and June. We obviously won't know the trend for a few more weeks, but it's not promising.

Like I've been telling my fiancee and my parents; I think we'll have a pretty good idea of what the rest of the year will look like in about a week and a half.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Down in Benson today...which sort of is like Lil-CHAZ at times...zero social distancing and zero masking by anyone that was not working.  Kind of surprised me a lot.

Also...zero deals on Tall Boys...UGGGG

LOL I can appreciate that thought totally

• Thanks 1

Seriously y'all, where do you see yourself in one year?  Where do you see the United States by March?  I'm talking about (in comparison to) how it is today.  Slightly less than one year from now.

I've been contemplating this since late May.  Give me a quarter to flip, because I just don't know still.....you know what I mean? 

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Honestly?

I see the US as no longer a super power in the next year.  I'm calling it that the US will shrivel and wither into a former shell of itself.  I feel that this is the beginning of the end for the superpower we were.

I think it will be 10 or more years before we recover.

I’m going to wait until the end of the year to get on that train.  I’m more nervous about the fallout in November in regards to the US falling away.  No matter the outcome, it’s set up to be ugly.

There is no way Trump wins with the popular vote, it will most likely be by even more this time around.  If he wins, people will probably riot.  If he loses, he will claim it was rigged and people will probably riot.

i have a feeling the US is dealing with the easier problem right now. And the fact that we’re failing miserably makes me kinda nervous.

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Honestly?

I see the US as no longer a super power in the next year.  I'm calling it that the US will shrivel and wither into a former shell of itself.  I feel that this is the beginning of the end for the superpower we were.

I think it will be 10 or more years before we recover.

a superpower is someone who is looked to for leadership.    we abandoned that role 3 1/2 years ago.   and who is going to look at the United States as the leader again when they know we are 1 election away from someone overturning every trade deal and treaty we had with everyone?   our word can't be trusted anymore.   we still have nukes but we are basically a bigger north korea now.   a nuclear power with an kooky dear leader                                                                      .

• Haha 1