The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

12 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

I would say it is more like tornado warnings.  When those come on the TV no one heads to their basement, they all go outside and start looking at the crazy clouds.  I know I do!  

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

Fascism at work. 

Hahaha!

Oh my god, loyalty tests?  That is crazy.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Hey, Trump supporters, how do you explain this?  @Notre Dame Joe @4skers89 

I like how CNBC states the Trump administration "quietly" shifted collection to HHS.  Conspiracy much CNBC?  This move was well known.  CDC was badly botching data collection so maybe they decided to take down the old data figuring no data was better than incorrect data or spite.  Hopefully HHS can sort this out.  There are reports that people tested twice are being counted as two cases and no reporting of negative cases.  I believe CDC should be catching these things but weren't.  Redfield needs to whip the CDC into shape soon because they seem to have bungled this pandemic from the start.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, 4skers89 said:

CDC was badly botching data collection so maybe they decided to take down the old data figuring no data was better than incorrect data or spite. 

No they weren't. They were doing fine. It's just that Trump doesn't like the numbers because they look bad for him (spoilers: they are bad for him, and it's his fault).

But even pretending the CDC was doing a bad job, who in the White House is going to be better at disseminating that data, and how are they more qualified than the CDC?

It's funny how nobody complained about the CDC before Trump. Now the nutters think the CDC is a problem and Trump's people are the solution. Why? Because Trump told them so.  :LOLtartar

• Plus1 1