The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

20 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

A bit perplexing. Colorado’s numbers do not appear to be particularly alarming, and Denver in my experience has been a model of compliance. 

Would like to know what markers he’s seeing that makes him decree that we are now Utah all of a sudden. 

Yeah, this seems odd.  

I know for a long a$$ time lincoln had some lame booze laws that I think are not gone, but this really doesn't make a lot of sense.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m all for making moves that fight the virus, but please tell me how this helps?  Fewer couples hooking up later?

Going off of my college/young person experience, crowds tend to grow as the night goes on.  Everyone starts at different bars, texts/calls about the hot girls at bar A start happening.  People leave bar B to go to bar A.  Then bar A gets full and loud so the crowd moves to C, which will shortly involve bars D & E.

But I have no idea in small towns where there is 3 bars and people are loyal to them like the church...They aren't leaving there stool for nothing!

11 hours ago, funhusker said:

Going off of my college/young person experience, crowds tend to grow as the night goes on.  Everyone starts at different bars, texts/calls about the hot girls at bar A start happening.  People leave bar B to go to bar A.  Then bar A gets full and loud so the crowd moves to C, which will shortly involve bars D & E.

But I have no idea in small towns where there is 3 bars and people are loyal to them like the church...They aren't leaving there stool for nothing!

Very true...O street in Lincoln looks very different at 8pm...9pm...10pm...by 1am it is everyone on top of each other.

7 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

When the lead singer of the Foo Fighters gets it more than our politicians. :facepalm:

Always glad to see someone else tee off on DeVos. She's an affront to our teachers and an embarrassment to the nation.

This is nice and I will gladly "teach from home" all year...

But I feel like he might not be speaking for most teachers.  @funhusker and @Cdog923 could chime in too, but I would personally rather be at school in the building to teach.  I have 3 close teaching friends...One wants to stay home (because it means he doesn't have to do a freaking thing, elem PE!), one can't wait to get back to school (3 kids under the age of 5 and a stay at home wife) and one is content either way.

None of the teachers that I know are making it a political thing.

And I love Dave and I know his mom is/was a teacher...So I get where he is coming from.

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, teachercd said:

This is nice and I will gladly "teach from home" all year...

But I feel like he might not be speaking for most teachers.  @funhusker and @Cdog923 could chime in too, but I would personally rather be at school in the building to teach.  I have 3 close teaching friends...One wants to stay home (because it means he doesn't have to do a freaking thing, elem PE!), one can't wait to get back to school (3 kids under the age of 5 and a stay at home wife) and one is content either way.

None of the teachers that I know are making it a political thing.

And I love Dave and I know his mom is/was a teacher...So I get where he is coming from.

I'd love to teach at school.  It's hard to teach "shop" via Zoom.  My hangup about returning is that it's only a matter of time before we are going back to distance learning.  So instead of focusing on making our distance learning plan better, it's probably going to be a pieced together deal in a few days of panic. 

We have been making contingency plans.  But it's hard to do in a district with 3 other middle schools that teach the same thing and the district wants us all on the same page.  

The only thing I'm sure of: this fall is going to be a s#!t show!

4 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I'd love to teach at school.  It's hard to teach "shop" via Zoom.  My hangup about returning is that it's only a matter of time before we are going back to distance learning.  So instead of focusing on making our distance learning plan better, it's probably going to be a pieced together deal in a few days of panic. 

We have been making contingency plans.  But it's hard to do in a district with 3 other middle schools that teach the same thing and the district wants us all on the same page.  

The only thing I'm sure of: this fall is going to be a s#!t show!

Ugggg "the same page" so freaking annoying.  I teach two classes that are also taught by other teachers in my building and we get yelled at for this all the time.

And I agree with everything you said.